Sign in to follow this  
GuyDudeMan27

[WIP] New Shuttle Cockpit

Recently I've been working on modding a 7166-1 Imperial shuttle, and I decided that I should make a new cockpit. The current one is a little unfaithful, so I took a crack at it. The cockpit should be quite small and thin, which I tried to encompass in my new cockpit. Any suggestions and comments are welcome. If anyone wants, here is the current LFX file:Imperial shuttle mods 2.lxf

One problem is there will probably not be room for any figs, but it would look better.

shuttle+head+2.png

The underside. Still no floor.

shuttle+head+underside+2.png

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Can you show us the entire ship and a comparison with the original? after all, it shouldn't be a problem on LDD.

Can you show us the entire ship and a comparison with the original? after all, it shouldn't be a problem on LDD.

Sure. No it won't be a problem :)

Here is a shot comparing the modded head and the original. You can also spot some differences in the body if you look close enough. Also, I updated the LFX with all the new changes. It's in the same place

compare.png

Edited by GuyDudeMan27

Now we can see the improvement! it certainly looks better, there's got to be a way to fit figs on the cockpit, I always wanted to have one of these, if I had I would help you out with it.

Now we can see the improvement! it certainly looks better, there's got to be a way to fit figs on the cockpit, I always wanted to have one of these, if I had I would help you out with it.

The problem is that the whole thing isn't very deep. Only 2 bricks. A figure leaning back may fit, but it would look quite sloppy. It would also be weaved in there between some other bricks. I'll take some updated shots after I finish some more work on it.

good info,updated the LFX with all the new changes. It's in the same place.thanks

It would also be weaved in there between some other bricks. I'll take some updated shots after I finish some more work on it.13.gif

Edited by textpassgots

good info,updated the LFX with all the new changes. It's in the same place.thanks

13.gif

No problem! I have managed to fit a fig inside. I'll take pics as soon as I get home.

After some more work, I've managed to get the cockpit to as close to reference as I wanted. A minifig can fit in the cockpit, and everything has been secured and tidied up. Any suggestions on what to improve are appreciated. Here is the latest LFX, which includes some of the other mods I've done to the shuttle. New Shuttle Cockpit.lxf

The newest cockpit. I've added some greebling to the top to match some reference. I've also added some 1x1 flat tiles to make it look like the greebling is contained.

shuttle+head+3.png

Here is the cockpit opened up. In real life, the sides would also come off with the rest of the cockpit, but I left it in so you can see how cramped it is. Also, the minifig has a 1x2 plate on the bottom of it's legs, so that it would fit. It might fit without, but LDD in quite finicky with minifigs.

shuttle+head+opened.png

And lastly, here is the underside. I've put on a simple floor, and put 1x3 inverted slopes on the front to make it look nice. I've also added grill plates on the front, again to match reference. I was toying with the idea of a landing ramp, but I haven't found a solution just yet.

shuttle+head+underside+3.png

One downside to the way I built the cockpit is that it doesn't look all that pretty from the side. You can see the floor, and it doesn't follow the angles the slopes make. I haven't come up with a solution for this, and I doubt there even is one. Any help?

shuttle+head+side.png

Edited by GuyDudeMan27