Ridge Montante

[MOC] Freebuild - Journey From Home

This is something I was working on just before I joined GoH. I figured I post it as a freebuild instead of just a regular MOC in the history forum. Here we have the home castle of Sir Ridge, Lady Madison & Ivo Savill. A small humble home with a lazy river flowing by. Built on top of the rocks it is strong and sturdy. And it's always fun to go ice skating in the winter. Here they are venturing away from home for a hunting trip.

14008708298_3aca1615e8.jpg

home1 by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

14195369215_60db305f29.jpg

home2 by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

14195305424_15e2023e2b.jpg

home3 by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

14008703029_20543fed3e.jpg

home4 by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

14192086041_98e5a64cce.jpg

home5 by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

14008734890_c16bb31bf6.jpg

home6 by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

14008735330_a0af7f5714.jpg

home7 by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

14008704319_fc124597e5.jpg

home8 by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

14192834692_bcdbe420ce.jpg

home9 by RidgeMontante, on Flickr

Sorry about the small story line. I'm not the best story teller yet. I'm sure in time and as I build upon my characters history I'll have more to write. But for now I hope you all enjoy this build. C&C are welcome.

Edited by Ridge Montante

Nice Castle! You did a great job, and the rock work looks superb! The water is done nicely too. Overall Great Work and hope to see more builds soon.

Nice work (there's some really great details in this). I like the landscaping a lot (and your water technique, which I will definitely borrow if you don't mind :wink: ). Your rockwork is pretty good, but its a little too straight (the slopes are stacked on top of each other in perfect alignment each other rather than slowly sloping out). Looks like your texturing technique for the castle might need a bit of work however. The wall is a little to flat and smooth- some more stone-like texturing/ details would help (check out this article http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/articles/biggraywall.html). Keep moccing :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments guys. I noticed too that the castle seemed a little flat and plain thats why I threw in some of the masonry bricks. It really is only my third MOC that I've built and posted so I know I still got a lot of things I can improve.

@Scaevola borrow the water technique all you want. It's nice knowing I can be of influence to others too. :classic:

I like your landscape :thumbup: Both the water and ground look good. I think the fortress would look better if it was crenelated :classic: