Sign in to follow this  
eileenkeeney

DisneyLand, Fabuland Scale

I have started building DisneyLand to Fabuland Scale.

I started with the Fire Station, inspired by my Lego Mickey Mouse Fire Chief (who is Fabuland Scale).

14014591846_1cdfebfc9d_z_d.jpg

I have more pictures on Flickr, showing the back, and more details.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96972328@N05/sets/72157644398342671/

I am open to suggestions for improvements, while maintaining Lego Purity.

The plan is to put this where I have a Lego mural behind it, that shows the background as it would look to the person viewing from inside the DisneyLand park. The inside back wall of the building would also be part of the mural.

I did the inside rooms pretty close to how they are in the real version of the Fire Station, including the horse stable.

Mickey and Minnie now occupy Walt's apartment upstairs.

The lamp in the front window lights up. But most of the light come in through top. I used the grated 8x8 plates on top for this purpose.

Wow, that looks really great! Looking forward to the continuation of this :sweet:

Thank you.

The plan is this:

- Train station in Fabuland Scale

- Town Hall in Fabuland Scale

- Castle in Friends Scale, and placed much closer to the train station than in reality. Perspective might work here, and might not, since my living room is not long enough for anything close to the length of Main Street DL between the train station and the Castle.

- Carousel in Friends/minifig scale.

- Small World, maybe with the outside closer to minifig scale, and the puppets closer to homemaker scale. I will have to size this down to make it fit in the space.

The garden area in front of the train station will be right in front of my front window.

The train station will be up high, so that the train can pass in front of it, and then does not have to climb up too much higher to pass overhead the area where I walk into my house.

Then the train will pass behind the fire station, and then over the back of the small world, just as it does in DisneyLand.

As for scale, when working with characters that are not built to normal human proportions, scale becomes interpretable anyway.

Comparing the sizes of the figures (Fabuland, minifig, friends) the bodies (ignoring the head) all are close to the same height. Then the Fabuland has a huge head.

The Friends figure is very slightly taller than the minifig, and much thinner.

Notice that my fire station, compared to the real building, has slightly exagerated width compared to height and depth. This was intentional, sort of a compromise between getting a look I liked, having the doors wide enough for the Mickey figure, and fitting onto the shelf where I initially planned to display the building.

Wow that is beautiful. I can't wait to see more! Will you be havng the park monorail?

Thank you.

Probably no monorail, as I won't have room for Tommorrow Land, unless I build in the yard or use my neighbor's house.

I can put Jungle Cruise in my Garage, as that is just behind the living room wall, that the fire station and Town hall would be up against. But I have no room to the right side of where the train station will be in the front of my house, and small world in the very back of my house.

With this layout it puts small world further to the left than it really is, but I don't want to put it outside, and I want the flower garden in front of the train station to be centered in my front window.

My monorail sets have either been stolen or misplaced anyway. Not that I liked them much anyway. I have seen monorail implementations that build their own track out of non monorail set pieces, that I think are better.

I let some college kids (my niece and her friends, that are no longer her friends) live in my house, after my employer forced me to move (or quit my job). I thought since I wasn't charging anyone rent, that they might respect my things.

If I can ever afford a much larger building space (like an air craft hanger) then I would build tommorrow land and the monorail.

I wonder how much space it would really take, to build all of DisneyLand, to Fabuland scale.