KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

here :laugh:

Wow... The less said about that the better!

I'm also unsure whether the Batman we thought was the 2011 SDCC is indeed that version... It looks different to me now we have a slightly larger image.

Wow... The less said about that the better!

I'm also unsure whether the Batman we thought was the 2011 SDCC is indeed that version... It looks different to me now we have a slightly larger image.

It could either be the 2011 SDCC or what I'm starting to think, the Batman from the new $200 Tumbler set.

I hope the Zur-en-rahh set has the Baseball bat.

Edited by Kire

Well, if not just look around if you see any Simpsons CMF lying somewhere before the new series 12 appears. Nelson has a bat!

I got my set of the Fantastic Four (as shown in the first post on this thread). Less than $7 shipped, took less than three weeks for shipping after I finally pulled the trigger.

It IS obvious these are not up to LEGO Standards, but they are pretty good. The oddest thing about it is why the Thing has a hammer and Mr. Fantastic has a circular saw. I will not be putting these with my collection of LEGO Superheroes, but I have no problem putting them on their own little display.

I got my set of the Fantastic Four (as shown in the first post on this thread). Less than $7 shipped, took less than three weeks for shipping after I finally pulled the trigger.

It IS obvious these are not up to LEGO Standards, but they are pretty good. The oddest thing about it is why the Thing has a hammer and Mr. Fantastic has a circular saw. I will not be putting these with my collection of LEGO Superheroes, but I have no problem putting them on their own little display.

I end up getting more than one of each set to find the best print then replace heads and legs for Decool sets and also arms/hands for SY sets...

They're normally pretty close to official figures then so you should be fine! As long as you get a good print and any parts that can be replaced with official Lego are switched then they'll sit nicely with genuine figures.

Edited by Robianco

Got the SY batman new sets

The figures all have only 1 specific face printing. So the scuba batman's face does not come along with the dive mask.

DSC08820_zps551c74cd.jpg

DSC08825_zpsdee545d9.jpg

Zur-En-Arrh looks pretty good, red looks brighter than official but looks like they even got the stubble on the face, very nice, just a matter of time before these flood AE and ebay

Has anyone seen one of those Silver Surfer figures? It should be a very simple print so fingers crossed even if the rest of the figures are iffy there's hope that would me ok.

Well think again

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201410pcs-The-Lego-Movie-Mini-figures-building-blocks-Fast-shipping-/331324326244?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item4d24780164

It could either be the 2011 SDCC or what I'm starting to think, the Batman from the new $200 Tumbler set.

I hope the Zur-en-rahh set has the Baseball bat.

Its the batman from the UCS tumbler

Got the SY batman new sets

The figures all have only 1 specific face printing. So the scuba batman's face does not come along with the dive mask.

That ZEA looks pretty good... I've got spare arms and purple hands and baseball bat waiting to go on mine. How does the Tumbler Batman look to you up close? I've got 3 sets ordered so hopefully I'll have at least one good one in there although I plan on getting the Tumbler at some point anyway.

I'm glad it's the bearded angry ZEA face too. I think I may have to order a regular purple cape from BL to make it that little bit more authentic although I like that they've done the scalloped Bat style on the cape.

I take it there was no leaflets inside showing what SY may have in store for us next?

I take it there was no leaflets inside showing what SY may have in store for us next?

I hope is it the SDCC Rocket Racoon and the Collector.

I agree The ZEA looks really good. I ordered a set of all 4 figs from AliExpress.

That ZEA looks pretty good... I've got spare arms and purple hands and baseball bat waiting to go on mine. How does the Tumbler Batman look to you up close? I've got 3 sets ordered so hopefully I'll have at least one good one in there although I plan on getting the Tumbler at some point anyway.

I'm glad it's the bearded angry ZEA face too. I think I may have to order a regular purple cape from BL to make it that little bit more authentic although I like that they've done the scalloped Bat style on the cape.

Yes, the cape of the Zur-En-Arrh needs a replacement with a darker colour.

Here's the original TDK batman in this set

DSC08830_zpsb49b27d7.jpg

I found there were scars around his face. Looks weird.

Then I replaced the head with the one from SY scuba batman.

DSC08826_zps46bd0f24.jpg

DSC08829_zpscc1c26c4.jpg

It seems better IMO.

And of course when it is with genuine Lego head and helmet

DSC08831_zpsd3767261.jpg

The TDK batman looks awesome.

Those do look good. I can't wait to pick up the ZEA Batman. I have an extra Magneto figure so I can use his purple cape if I need to make a switch.

I will just have to wait for ebay probably. I don't want to register on some of those other sites.

eBay auctions tend to be the best prices for this stuff.

Got a Lele goblin king bootleg big fig - pics on flickr. It's shiny, a bit rough and joints are not well sealed - there are gaps. Not the worst but not anything to rave about either. Maybe worth it for parts in the long term. Face print is decent but I have nothing to compare too. Probably not the best.

I'm going to use some of the bootleg minifigs as the base for some custom work I think. I don't mind taking brasso to them at all.

Edited by gavralcraw

Hmmm the ZEA looks good I don't even care the bat isn't included plus the UCS Tumbler Batman makes up for it. It's only a matter of time before someone releases the SDCC Marvel Exclusives. So far SY has the better figures at the moment. (Not mentioning quality just characters)

New to the board but have been following this post for a while.

The bootleg superheroes have really interested me lately. I have have been trying to make a collection of super hero figs the past couple of years but gave up for a while for a couple reasons. A) The price of LEGO sets B) The price of LEGO minifigs on eBay C) Not a lot of room for a bunch of sets D) No interest in most of the other stuff in the set besides the minifigs

I came across the bootlegs this past August at Dragoncon. Of course I over paid but it gave me the drive to start searching for them on eBay and now AE. I definitely like that there are a variety of minifigs that either dont exist in the LEGO universe or are insanely expensive.

For my purposes the bootlegs are perfect.

That TDK Batman doesn't look too bad actually.. It'll be a decent placeholder until I get the Tumbler set.

I'm so glad the ZEA has turned out well... I just hope that some day we get a decent copy/custom of the 2011 version and my collection will be complete. I know some people will say that your collection is never complete until you have an original version but to be honest the quality of some of the SY figures has been superb and with proper arms, hands and cape this should be about as good as anyone need get without paying £120 upwards for a figure. If it was Decool I might feel a little differently about it.

I'll never understand fanboys, remember kids at school arguing over Atari or Amiga and Snes vs Megadrive.

At the end of the day it's simple supply and demand. SY and Decool can see the gap in the market and are exploiting it so respect to them.

The price of one set of those on AE are a touch less than I paid for three sets.

How did ordering of Engtaobao work, do they add postage in after you have initially paid for the order?

8 Spiderman figs arrived today. SY brand. They do feel a bit cheap.

spiderman1.jpg

spiderman2.jpg

spiderman3.jpg

The Hulkbuster on the other hand...

hulkbuster1.jpg

hulkbuster2.jpg