KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Legos always shows spoilerrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

Arhhhhhhhh

But not always, actually. "Ant-Man Final Battle - 76039" had Hank Pym in a similar Ant-Man suit, but that never happened. "Iron Man: Extremis Sea Port Battle - 76006" had Aldrich Killian using a boat to fight Iron Man and War Machine. That didn't happen. And "Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown - 76008" had the (cinematic) Mandarin fighting Iron Man in some vehicle. That definitely didn't happen.

There are plenty of sets that are inspired by the movie, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are exactly as shown in the movie.

Also, if it says "leaked" are you are wary of spoilers because you think they "always" show spoilers, don't look at the image.

I hope that Superman hair is made in good number from either Lego B&P or bootleggers for a non-flight suit Poe Dameron.

Hey guys, I finally got some of these Pogo minifigures in. I was pretty shocked by how terrible the figure quality was. The printing is phenomenal, don't get me wrong. But the molds or the plastic they used was horrible. I can't get the figures to sit on pegs well. The legs are crooked. Arms are either too tight or loose. Any one have the same luck I did or did I just get a bad batch? Made me appreciate Dargo a bit more

Hey guys, I finally got some of these Pogo minifigures in. I was pretty shocked by how terrible the figure quality was. The printing is phenomenal, don't get me wrong. But the molds or the plastic they used was horrible. I can't get the figures to sit on pegs well. The legs are crooked. Arms are either too tight or loose. Any one have the same luck I did or did I just get a bad batch? Made me appreciate Dargo a bit more

Yeah, the plastic has a strange texture that doesn't flatter the printing and I noticed that all of mine were seriously bow-legged. The print quality also seems to vary from figure to figure, at least from what I've seen. Some are pretty good, some are not so hot.

On the other hand, I received my Xinh Deadpool (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Baby-Toys-Star-Wars-Super-Heroes-Minifigure-Building-Block-Sets-Model-Bricks-Toys-For-Children-Compatible/32530578006.html) yesterday and I am VERY impressed with their quality. It includes really nice side printing on both the legs and arms that you can't see in the picture. It was a pleasant surprise! I'll have to try and get a couple pictures of it.

My pogo gambit has also a decent print and bad plastic. I didn't get one of his arms in with his jacket on and his feet don't fit well on studs. I also ordered the xinh one, but didn't receive it yet. I hope he is like the xinh deadpool. That is a great figure.

With the end of 2015 in sight. Which 'bootleg' was your number one for this year? Top three or five anyone?

My Pogos arrived yesterday too. Print is good except for the Shield pilot, didn't have any bow-legged ones but did have a couple of loose arms and some excess plastic on the legs. Plastic does make the print look very dull and feels slightly rough. Cape/coat material was a bit plasticy too.

Does indeed make Dargo and Xinh look even more impressive.

I've been saying for a while that Dargo have been upping their game. And Xinh are coming up with some nice figures, now they don't just seem to be duplicating Decool's line. Got my DLP wave with the Sam Wilson cap yesterday too. We're ending 2015 with five or six brands putting out good reasonable quality stuff.

Pogo does seem hit or miss. But when they're putting put unique designs and you can buy the figures singly you can'y really complain too much.

With the end of 2015 in sight. Which 'bootleg' was your number one for this year? Top three or five anyone?

When I started collecting official LEGO it always bothered me how they never had a fantastic 4, so you can imagine I love the decool big fig thing and the SY sets to make a complete version of my F4. Galactuss and silver surfer I definitely love, and black bolt was also a nice suprise. Venom big fig I'd one I find myself using a lot out of the big figs, and words can not express the amount of fun my ironman armory collection is growing as well as the hulkbuster. With the new avengers game in aight, they have already made igor, now let's see iron monger Decool!!!

For me, the best bootleg figures of this year have been the clone of Phoenix Custom's Spiderman with the silver web printing as I think that might be the best printed figure I've had from a bootleg. I also liked the DLP Batman Beyond for just being simple and really well done. I'd probably also have to say the 2011 SDCC Batman figure as it's something I've wanted for a long time and SY made an absolutely perfect version of him.

The decool Grodd bigfig is really awesome and as I do not buy/collect official bigfigs I am thankful for the bootlegged cheaper ones. I don't see a difference I admit. SDCC and Zur-En-Arrh Bats are also in my most favourite figures this year.

Sdcc captain América from DLP, transparent invisible girl and red skull with cannon from sy, future fundation set from decool

Edited by MDM

Figs from SY's batman and superman mech set, shitty hair for superman as usual. Joker's hair is the same as SY's Bruce Banner's from the hulk mech set. Batman and superman looks quite similar to the ones from lego's batman v superman set.(not the same I know)

0F83481F-2A34-4E04-ACC8-952EA5C344F2_zpsusfvxgbg.jpg

5182F3E6-7A3F-4F64-87A7-21A7529AC14D_zpstgjwqlnd.jpg

Edited by jeduh

Figs from SY's batman and superman mech set, shitty hair for superman as usual. Joker's hair is the same as SY's Bruce Banner's from the hulk mech set. Batman and superman looks quite similar to the ones from lego's batman v superman set.(not the same I know)

0F83481F-2A34-4E04-ACC8-952EA5C344F2_zpsusfvxgbg.jpg

5182F3E6-7A3F-4F64-87A7-21A7529AC14D_zpstgjwqlnd.jpg

Are they released????

Top Bootlegs 2015

Big Figs:

- Groot

- Igor

Figs:

- Hawkeye (Comics)

- Bruce Banner (MCU)

- Magneto (DoFP)

- Invisible Woman (Trans)

- Vision (Trans)

- Nick Fury (Comic)

- Galactus (Long Legs)

- Mister Fantastic / Future Foundation (Long Legs)

- Iron Man (Disco / Mark 42)

- Ultron (Classic helmet)

It was a fantastic year for bootlegs. No doubt about it.

Edited by agoodfella77

Top Bootlegs 2015

Big Figs:

- Groot

- Igor

Figs:

- Hawkeye (Comics)

- Bruce Banner (MCU)

- Magneto (DoFP)

- Invisible Woman (Trans)

- Vision (Trans)

- Nick Fury (Comic)

- Galactus (Long Legs)

- Mister Fantastic / Future Foundation (Long Legs)

- Iron Man (Disco / Mark 42)

- Ultron (Classic helmet)

It was a fantastic year for bootlegs. No doubt about it.

Blimey, was all this really this year!

I'd agree with most of that (though I went back to short legs Galactus as I thought he looked a little daft! Big fig version please Decool!), while I really love to pick up figs for cheaper prices, I really enjoy the more original (to Official Lego) releases we've had, Dargo and Pogo have really raised their game too, the advent of the single sale minifigure has been a big boost too, though I will still pick up some whole sets, looking forward to 2016.

Blimey, was all this really this year!

I'd agree with most of that (though I went back to short legs Galactus as I thought he looked a little daft! Big fig version please Decool!), while I really love to pick up figs for cheaper prices, I really enjoy the more original (to Official Lego) releases we've had, Dargo and Pogo have really raised their game too, the advent of the single sale minifigure has been a big boost too, though I will still pick up some whole sets, looking forward to 2016.

Yeah, there might be a couple of holdovers from the previous (not sure about the Nick Fury one for instance)... but I do agree this was also an even better year for the official figs. When you think about the Age of Ultron wave, we got some amazing figs -- can't wait for next year's wave!