KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I do like that combination build SY is doing. Very intriguing especially the deathstroke and batman. I understand sy is a company trying to make money but c'mon we get the Superman vs Batman movie is coming out next year. We don't need to be reminded of it every wave of figures.

And cyborg is white... Anyway my order was shipped some days ago...

Briksen, single decool green lantern for you:

IMG_20151205_162412_277228746.jpg

http://www.aliexpres...2553274942.html

i'm pretty sure these are not SY, but thanks for finding i've been looking for a single sale DK Joker for a while!!!

DSC05388%201024_zpsiku0fojx.jpg

Nice arm printings.

are these new variants? there's already a few New 52 variants of Justice League around but these look a lot different......big improvements

Thanks

So SY release a justice league set that massively shows up Lego on the leg and arm prints and people complain....

No pleasing some folk!!!,

No ones complaining. It's just personal preference and we all have the right to customise our bootlegs the way we like them. I like more simplistic figures so my Red Tornado will get plain legs. And the rest of the set I'm gonna pass on to someone else who prefers detailed leg and arm prints.

Edited by Adnan

i'm pretty sure these are not SY, but thanks for finding i've been looking for a single sale DK Joker for a while!!!

No, not sy. Those are dargo (4 figures at top-left on the image, the first 8 when you choose the figure to order) and decool (all the others)

Edited by MDM

No, not sy. Those are dargo (4 figures at top-left on the image, the first 8 when you choose the figure to order) and decool (all the others)

sorry, my bad (it's too early for my brain to work)

it's cool that SY finally made a new character, and they've put effort into thedesigns, but they don't really fit the lego aesthetic. They should just follow the LEGO Batman 3 and LEGO Marvel Superheroes roster designs. These seem very over designed

are these new variants? there's already a few New 52 variants of Justice League around but these look a lot different......big improvements

That's 70s Superman hair-do.

it's cool that SY finally made a new character, and they've put effort into thedesigns, but they don't really fit the lego aesthetic. They should just follow the LEGO Batman 3 and LEGO Marvel Superheroes roster designs. These seem very over designed

I quite like the designs this way now. We already have the official ones, so it's better to have different versions. Not a fan of the faces of wonder woman and green lantern though. And why is cyborg white? I'm not into DC, so maybe cyborg was white for a while? They made Johnny Storm white too, but i can understand the mix up because of the real Johnny Storm being white as well. So DCpeople please do inform me.

I agree that there's a lot of design and print going on here... and not always successful. I must admit I quite like the GL torso but I think I'll be using plain black legs with it... a replacement head does without saying....

This kind of feels like a better version of the wave they did, which was mostly awful, but introduced the double sided heads and gave us a unique Batman variant. The design on those figures was pretty bad and just featured the usual suspects including Hulk, Wolverine, Spidey, Supes etc but it was an experiment wave and they then went on to have double sided heads on everything... same way they updated the shoulders and the arms to be more like Lego. I think Red Tornado might suits having plain red legs but at least the head design looks in proportion.

Same as Aquaman for me... plan green legs would make that a great figure. I think i might give that one a beard (Thor head) and go of a variation. Superman could do with plain blue legs or the Spiderman/booted legs while Flash's arms might look nice added to a regular Lego flash torso.

Wonder Woman and Cyborg are the weakest for me.... as is Bats... I don't like the glossy finish to the new cowl and the torso might look better when it's in hand but looking at it there it's nothing special. I think it needs a black cowl with the black printed head too.

Overall they're very much worth the £5 or so for the set of 8.

Could I request a close up of GL, Batman, Aquaman and Red Tornado along with Kylo and Sabine from the Dargo set?

I'd just like a really good look at them straight on to see what Legs to add. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Robianco

np - i've never taken any notice of that before, do you always use mobile?

Yeah if it states "save more on the app" I do, I've got the aliexpress app on my iphone, made some decent savings that way

np - i've never taken any notice of that before, do you always use mobile?

I only use mobile app, and shows offers only available this way

I agree that there's a lot of design and print going on here... and not always successful. I must admit I quite like the GL torso but I think I'll be using plain black legs with it... a replacement head does without saying....

This kind of feels like a better version of the wave they did, which was mostly awful, but introduced the double sided heads and gave us a unique Batman variant. The design on those figures was pretty bad and just featured the usual suspects including Hulk, Wolverine, Spidey, Supes etc but it was an experiment wave and they then went on to have double sided heads on everything... same way they updated the shoulders and the arms to be more like Lego. I think Red Tornado might suits having plain red legs but at least the head design looks in proportion.

Same as Aquaman for me... plan green legs would make that a great figure. I think i might give that one a beard (Thor head) and go of a variation. Superman could do with plain blue legs or the Spiderman/booted legs while Flash's arms might look nice added to a regular Lego flash torso.

Wonder Woman and Cyborg are the weakest for me.... as is Bats... I don't like the glossy finish to the new cowl and the torso might look better when it's in hand but looking at it there it's nothing special. I think it needs a black cowl with the black printed head too.

Overall they're very much worth the £5 or so for the set of 8.

Could I request a close up of GL, Batman, Aquaman and Red Tornado along with Kylo and Sabine from the Dargo set?

I'd just like a really good look at them straight on to see what Legs to add. Thanks in advance.

Here you go .

DSC05396_zpsemzgcubh.jpg

DSC05397_zpsa90pce4o.jpg

DSC05398_zpsueqfdxim.jpg

DSC05400_zpsfszv80pw.jpg

DSC05403_zpsw7hgqcm1.jpg

DSC05405_zpsclhaebv3.jpg

DSC05401_zpsqdebjnqo.jpg

DSC05402_zpsmx1y6xux.jpg

DSC05408_zpszshepueq.jpg

Thanks Wilson! Much appreciated.

Now I've seen the Batman torso like that with the thinner lines I actually really like it. I think it'll benefit from simpler legs but I definitely like it.

Aquamann is the star of the show there and plain green legs will make that a superb figure (once the head has been switched out).

Red Tornado may actually get to keep his legs as they don't bother me as much as the others. Plain black legs on GL too... along with a new face mask.

Flash's arms definitely might get added to a regular TLG Flash figure.

Is it just me or have Dargo really stepped things up with those SW figures?! That Kylo looks like a half decent copy and the Sabine looks fine. The helmet is actually the best thing about the figure.

To my dismay i've been sent 5 of the pogo Shazam New 52 instead of pogo Shazam/Nightwing/Martian Manhunter set.....if anyone in the UK would like one for the 70p postage feel free lol

Red Tornado is really outstanding... I am not too interested in the other figures. If you get multiples Rob, save one up for me :laugh: Worked really well the last time!

If anyone comes across this much much cheaper, please let me know :)

The decool (lego copy) mini modulars set was really cool, and would be nice to modify these a bit and add them to my existing street http://www.aliexpres...2558926239.html

Edited by MNW

The New 52 leg printing..... What do they think they are trying to do? Is it supposed,to show the muscular definition on their legs?

Not up on New 52 so no idea if they are consistent with costumes.

While I don't collect DC figs, some of those leg / arm prints look really interesting.

Once I have every character in the marvel universe, then I will collect DC ;)

Edited by Wade1Wilson