KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

two (3?) unique figures in that new lepin set. shame that SY or decool have not released it...

HTB1ZMLOKpXXXXcPXpXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg

HTB15D95KpXXXXbiaXXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg

Two, sy released mandarin before in a vehicle set

A question: somebody knows if there are clones of Collectable Series? I would be interested especially on last series (from 15th)... :blush:

not with that beard. SY figure looks like a mix between mandarin and master wu from ninjago

4pcs-set-SY210-Super-Heroes-Comic-World-Assemble-Mandarin-Captain-America-Spider-Man-Batman-War-Car.jpg

With beard but I think different suit

A question: somebody knows if there are clones of Collectable Series? I would be interested especially on last series (from 15th)... :blush:

I think there are only clones for series 1 & 2

Edited by jeduh

I think there are only clones for series 1 & 2

Indeed, but there's also clones for the "animal costume guys" from other series (LELE 78069):

http://www.aliexpres...2319066906.html

With beard but I think different suit

do you have this fig? i saw real pictures of SY mandarin somewhere and it seemed different...

do you have this fig? i saw real pictures of SY mandarin somewhere and it seemed different...

Yeah bro here it is

C2B50D6D-32CB-4E16-8E66-931940337021_zpswr1byr0m.jpg

two (3?) unique figures in that new lepin set. shame that SY or decool have not released it...

Shame it's not someone else doing it. Lepin figures are terrible.

I've seen Stan Lee customs, but never a bootleg. I really hope that's legit. (I bought an extra Alfred from the Batcave set to try to make my own Stan Lee, but this would be way better.)

Hey Only Sinner, where in Manila are you? There is a place called Divisoria, which has a number of malls that carry bootlegs. Problem is, the stores are spread out across various malls in the area and it is always almost very VERY crowded. As a local, I get overwhelmed so I'm sure tourists would be too. But if you choose to brave the area, you will be rewarded with the cheapest sets and minifigures. You can also haggle for a good deal (like if I get 10 figures can I just pay for 8?). Sellers may be wary though, if you're a foreigner because they'll assume you have a lot of cash, so just make it look like you know what you're doing haha.

Another place would be Greenhills. Look for the mall named Shopsville. It's less crowded than Divisoria but the prices are higher (but still relatively cheap). There's an entire area there for toys (not just bricks but action figures too. bootlegs and originals).

Hope this helps! Enjoy!

Thanks for the reply. We are staying in Baclaran area and I have found so much stuff! Divisoria is also a crazy shopping place. I found some bootlegs at Ocean Park of all places and also down in Quiapo. Green Hills is too far out of our way for this time around, but I have been told they have every kind of knock-off imaginable. Where I have found them, minifigures are 50 peso or less. :classic:

Edited by Only Sinner

I'm not sure how. Example?

it's something like that I think: everybody can get collectable figures for almost nothing which devalues his own collection

Edited by briksen

I think somebody might be taking advantage of the fact they've been selling custom items for a while:

http://minifigworld.com

Spot the pricing on some of those 'custom third part figures and sets'. Anything seem slightly off about those prices?

it's something like that I think: everybody can get collectable figures for almost nothing which devalue his own collection

I'm pretty sure that Lego 'collectors' won't touch direct copies of Lego with a barge pole.

If you only think of Lego in terms of 'value' of your collection. In my opinion that is a very sad reason to buy Lego. I'd be so happy if everyone that thought like that went and spent their money elsewhere. It's a toy after all. My son would like Lego superheroes, but he doesn't have enough pocket money to compete with investors and collectors and Lego purposely sets high prices to court this market. Bootleg companies are producing toys with no real monetary value, while Lego continues to chase the middle-age investors. I think there's room for both and I don't see either effecting the other.

Lego sales other recent years are up and prices haven't come down.

Edited by wickedlemon

Quick report that site to Lego, No-one should have to buy bootlegs at that price! lol

Crazy

I really hope that Stan Lee fig is really coming soon.

Can we put the 'bootlegs devalue real Lego' figures argument to bed? They don't. At all. Never have. Never will.

Case in point:

Batman Zur En Arrh bootleg available from three different companies at approximately 61p each. Genuine cape, arms/hands and baseball bat available from Bricklink for around £3 in total.

Current price of genuine ZEA Batman on eBay? Selling for around £250 + Import taxes... and that the price for those that have sold never mind the ones listed higher.

Bootlegs don't devalue Lego figures as those that want genuine Lego as collectors are happy to still place that 'value' on the genuine articles while those that just want the cheaper display option can go for that.

Genuine Lego still sells at a premium on the secondary market despite the flood of bootleg figures.

Not a fan of these bootlegs...they devalue the real ones :(

I disagree - if we're talking value alone (which if you ask me if never a good reason to buy lego) then proper "collectors" wouldn't want to go anywhere near these. Besides, if lego didn't create a false shortage of their own supply, then I highly doubt these bootlegs would be anywhere near as popular.

Besides, these people make figures that lego hasn't, and is unlikely ever to for one reason or another, and customs with official parts would cost far too much to be able to get anywhere near as many.