marshall

Cloud City Play set MOC

Oh marshall, really solid props to this exciting new approach to Cloud City. Awesome planning and execution. I've been admiring this thread for days since you posted it, unable until now to form my own response to the awesomeness. For right now, the only thing I can truly think to say is that in the immortal words of the 1990s hip hop group Salt-n-Pepa, your Cloud City makes me wanna shoop!

Thanks so much for the kind words! I've really enjoyed your previous Cloud City MOCs.

Overall I'm very happy with how mine turned out (and my 7 and 3 year olds love it), but there are several aspects that I know could be improved but I've pretty much capped out with my skills (mostly in terms of mixing color and integrating more inventive building techniques). There seem to be a number of Cloud City enthusiasts around, and some phenomonally talented builders, and I think it would be awesome if there were some sort of organized collaborative effort to create the ultimate Cloud City playset.

A great set you show us here!

So many rooms to play all scenes from the film - absolut great job!

markus

You could definitely start a Lego Ideas campaign with this. If people knew about it, it would have to become a set. It's that good.

Agree!!

A really freaking good looking set, solid.

A great set that really complements the Death Star playset... Please go ahead and put it up on LEGO ideas, I'd definately support it and buy it later on...

GREAT work, indeed!

Very cool set!! I keep hoping Lego will make one in the same style of the Death Star set only in the shape of cloud city

Thanks for the kind words! I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted this (brings back fond memories of building it). I was actually very pleased and flattered by the positive response on Lego Ideas, even if it falls well short of 1000 supporters, let alone 10,000. I think for it to have had a realistic shot, I would have needed better photography skills, included more minifigs and a vehicle, and done much better at marketing the set.

I primarily built this to hold me over until the inevitable UCS cloud city set (which I expected to have come out by now), and my kids have had a great time playing with the set. There are still several things that I'd like to improve on the set, but if anyone else would like to take a shot at it, I'd love to see what you can come up with!

Mashall,

I'm the dining room, what parts did you use to make up the lattice wall?

Peeron lists it as "support 2 x 2 x 8 Girder (30646)". It came with a couple of the Jack stone police sets back in 2001/2002.

What torso did you use for luke?

It looks like he is using the torso from the original Cloud City minifigure... BrickLink 973pb0307c01. Keep in mind, the collar line is yellow skinned.

I supported this awesome cloud city MOC when it was on lego ideas.  It's a superb set, and far better than any overpriced rubbish that lego might release. (I've given up waiting..)

I wish I had enough bricks to build it myself !  :laugh::classic:

Try not to resurrect a thread that is over a year old.
It makes it harder to see new threads. 

Bumping aside this is an amazing moc though.