Sign in to follow this  
legoman19892

Confession thread: How many PAB cups have you spilled at a LEGO Store?

I have never had the great privilege of spilling a PAB cup the whole two times I've purchased one! I have this weird picture of a cup spilling and a bunch of kids and one AFOL diving for all the parts in frenzy!

haha! Cue the swarm!

Just yesterday I saw a toddler reach into the Duplo parts bin at the LEGO store and just let it all dump out on the floor! I admit to having had to restrain myself from laughing when I saw the employee's face! It caused such a ruckus!

Considering I just laughed while reading this, I'm kind of glad I wasn't there. I just pictured a ton of parts showering the poor kid.

I've never spilled one but someone else once made a mess with one of mine. I had filled it and left it on the counter behind me while I worked on a second one. The full one had a couple stacks of plant leaves, all connected, down the center, with some 1x2 brick stacks around the outer edges, and the rest filled in with clear round 1x1 plates. A kid saw the stack of plant leaves and thought it looked cool. He pulled it up out of the cup and it sent a fountain of 1x1s all over the floor.

I read in another forum once where someone said his local LEGO store sold "mystery bags" made up of pieces they swept up off the floor and parts from opened returned sets. They put them in paper sacks so you didn't know what you were getting but the price was usually pretty good. Anyone else know about these?

Edited by 62Bricks

I've never spilled one but someone else once made a mess with one of mine. I had filled it and left it on the counter behind me while I worked on a second one. The full one had a couple stacks of plant leaves, all connected, down the center, with some 1x2 brick stacks around the outer edges, and the rest filled in with clear round 1x1 plates. A kid saw the stack of plant leaves and thought it looked cool. He pulled it up out of the cup and it sent a fountain of 1x1s all over the floor.

ha-ha! ...and I wonder what happened to the string of plants he pulled out??

...many reasons why you'll see me keeping an eye on my PaB cups. If a kid gets even close to a cup of mine, I'll dash over and "protect it" ha-ha

...many reasons why you'll see me keeping an eye on my PaB cups. If a kid gets even close to a cup of mine, I'll dash over and "protect it" ha-ha

I do this too.

Where's the Like button!?

Closest to the "mystery bags" are lego store grab bags which came in plastic bags but lego stopped doing that about 1.5 years ago.

That might be what they were talking about. I can't find the forum post now, but the person talking about the gab bags had bought one with a piece from the "building brick brand that shall not be named!"

I've only ever dropped one peice, which I promptly picked up. I have watched people trip and send cups flying though, which, despite the pain, it rather funny now that I'm not standing there.