Tomsche

[GNAR] MNR Thorgills

The Mitgardian Royal Navy vessel Thorgills, formerly known as the KFP (Kaliphlin Floating Plank) Desert Snake, is a small but swift blockade runner sloop. Lightly armed, the vessel stands at a modest length of only 33 studs while carrying the shallow depth of 2 bricks, making her ideally suited for coastal operations and across the calmer inner seas and waterways, then to the rough going of the large oceans.

Armed with only two naval crossbows for close protection, she has a crew compliment of 4, namely captain Blackhelm Leifstone, first mate and workhorse Orgam Rorgil and the two sailors doubling as soldiers Haki and Hejka.

With the outbreak of the Great Naval Arms Race between the proud norsemen and the sons of the desert, the vessel has been put to service for scouting missions and deep water intrusions, accompanied by the valiant Mitgardian knight Hagen of Merak.

P1110869_zps5912ca93.jpg

P1110872_zpsfc9e0308.jpg

P1110884_zps5e954c7a.jpg

P1110883_zps83d55a97.jpg

P1110875_zpsf16565f7.jpg

Even though I never build anything before even remotely naval related, I gave it a shot with this military entry and a smaller ship, which focusses on looking sleek more then on looking like a battle brawler.

Hope you like it a little!

Cool ship, I like the mounted crossbows :thumbup: The front looks a bit blocky, even just stepping back one brick at a time rather than the large jump you have would help.

Creative sail construction! I agree with SK, a little more slope to the bow of the ship would make it look even more sleek.

Great idea to design it as long and shallow, that really suits the purpose!

Thanks for the comments.

Unfortunatly, I`ve ran out of sloped blacks and browns, hence why I went for the `less aerodynamically suited` nose, I`ll see if they pop up in the local PaB before the deadline

Love the cross on the sail! I agree with the front, if you do get what you are looking for at PaB before the deadline, I look forward to an update!