just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

There is no Dain in the trailer. Those shots are of young Dwalin and Dori at the Battle of Azanulbizar.

There is no Dain in the trailer. Those shots are of young Dwalin and Dori at the Battle of Azanulbizar.

What is this based on? I've seen two comments claiming this, and it seems plausible so I'm not contesting that it is, I'm just curious how you know?

What is this based on? I've seen two comments claiming this, and it seems plausible so I'm not contesting that it is, I'm just curious how you know?

Because the one dwarf is obviously Dwalin since he sports the same mohawk that he did in the movie, and the other dwarf is the Dori fig with brown hair and beard.

I guess that would make sense since the game is only suppose to cover the first two films and Dain shows up for the Bo5A which is all supposed to be covered in the third movie. The back scenery just threw me off. In the film it's all dark and smoldering with mountains and rocks all over but in the video game it looks like a fairly bright day on a flatter plain and the mountains are all far off in the background, it doesn't look like the battle is taking place right at the base of them like in the film. At any rate maybe those dwarf soldiers will be what we see in the final Hobbit wave?.

Edited by Deathleech

Who cares about Smaug! At 1:06 we get what looks like our first look at Dain?! And later on some new helms' which appear to be for the dwarven soldiers (or maybe they are orc ones, hard to tell)?

EDIT: Nevermind, they definetly look like new dwarven helmets. Look on the right side at 1:14-1:15, it looks like a dwarf soldier with helm and shield.

Thats just the gimli helmet in grey. Besides those are Erebor soldiers, not ironhills. And yeah thats Dwalin.

Edited by deskp

Smaug's head is really disappointing. Way too stubby and round. Ugh....

I really hope it will look better when we see the whole real thing 360 degrees in physical form(not morphed cg)

His printing looks unimpressive though, they really should have given him more tan/orangey, seeing as his whole underside should be that color..

I am looking forward to the last Hobbit movie, but I might be looking forward to the new sets more!!

That's how it goes for me too.

The hobbit set have more of an earthy/fall season to them and I think thats why I like them so much. They are more of an adventure than the LOTR sets, which are just kind of bleak and death...

The hobbit set have more of an earthy/fall season to them and I think thats why I like them so much. They are more of an adventure than the LOTR sets, which are just kind of bleak and death...

That's my tought too :wink:

Lads my comp was fixed, im downloading the demo now

I hope it works

Wish me luck lads

I like Smaug, even though he is molded.

Sorry for going of topic now, but if I read all the 1137 posts correctly, we won't get pics till July, and the sets will be released in October? Or did I just completely misread everything and is there a link to the pics I missed?

No pics so far which is why there is as much interest in the game. We are trying to get an idea of what rhe minifigs look like.

I am not interested in the game. I don't have an xbox or whatever, so I can't even play it :laugh: . I am sure the minifigs will look fine, as they do always (okay, almost always).

When should we expect to see images of the new sets?

SDCC 2014 by the earliest...

I am not interested in the game. I don't have an xbox or whatever, so I can't even play it :laugh: . I am sure the minifigs will look fine, as they do always (okay, almost always).

Well you have a computer...

I know this isn't on topic with future sets, but the Barrel Escape 79004 is on sale for only $25 this week at Toys R Us in the US. That's a great price if you've been holding out or on the fence. \m/-_-\m/

Well you have a computer...

That thing is so slow, old processor, 1.50ghz, not sure what that means, but I don't have a lot of interest in playing Lego videogames. Normal Lego is fine with me.

I know this isn't on topic with future sets, but the Barrel Escape 79004 is on sale for only $25 this week at Toys R Us in the US. That's a great price if you've been holding out or on the fence. \m/-_-\m/

I don't live in the US, but I've been hoping to find a sale on it.. don't know if i should just pick it up now at full price.

I don't live in the US, but I've been hoping to find a sale on it.. don't know if i should just pick it up now at full price.

What is full price for you in USD?

What is full price for you in USD?

$50, so around $45 USD. It's not that bad, but as you say I am kinda on the fence about it. If i don't find it on sale I'll just end up picking it up though.