just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

My power has been out for almost 2 1/2 weeks, first time I've been on here, very disappointed we didn't get any info from New York but Smaug looks pretty good.

Azog power overflow! :head_back:

Just joking, he looks good right?

Just me or anyone realized the Smaug's orange chest looks quite identical to Deathwing from WoW, just without some chest armor ? :D

Just me or anyone realized the Smaug's orange chest looks quite identical to Deathwing from WoW, just without some chest armor ? :D

Comparing the base vulgarity that is WoW to anything of Arda around Tolkien fans is not likely to elicit a positive reaction ;)

Azog power overflow! :head_back:

Just joking, he looks good right?

I wish he had more detail specifically in the head but he looks pretty good, i just can't wait until i see the final version.

When a Dragon breathe's fire it comes from his chest

Every Dragon has it... Give yourself a facepalm from me, you should have never typed that comment on a Tolkienite based Forum :laugh:

Edited by kevkipo

When a Dragon breathe's fire it comes from his chest

Every Dragon has it... Give yourself a facepalm from me, you should have never typed that comment on a Tolkienite based Forum :laugh:

:D I do acknowledge that fact already, just because the image of Deathwing was visualized first (though from the divine imagination of Tolkien) by Blizzard and then now Smaug comes a little bit later so just a bit of wondering :D.

My power has been out for almost 2 1/2 weeks, first time I've been on here, very disappointed we didn't get any info from New York but Smaug looks pretty good.

Wow that really sucks. By the way there's a nice high res version of the poster here.

Wow that really sucks. By the way there's a nice high res version of the poster here.

It might just be the angle of the picture but Smaug's head does not look narrow enough.

Hmm, I have to say that I don't really like the way Smaug looks here. I particularly don't like his head. It doesn't look mean enough, and it needs to be more angular. He could also use more spikes and detail on his face. Plus, one of Smaug's trademark things is his large lower jaw, which is actually bigger than his upper jaw. I also don't like that they're reusing the old dragon legs for his hind legs, they look to large. I'd rather have seen a new smaller mold for his hind legs to be more accurate. I know this sounds pretty harsh, but I was kind of expecting more detail, and it to look more like Smaug in the movie. I guess there's hope that the actual one they release will be a bit better... And at least we're getting a Smaug. Got to be thankful for that.

Oh, random bonus - If you look closely at the poster, both Oin and Balin are holding Sting (Oin actually has two).

Hmm, I have to say that I don't really like the way Smaug looks here. I particularly don't like his head. It doesn't look mean enough, and it needs to be more angular. He could also use more spikes and detail on his face. Plus, one of Smaug's trademark things is his large lower jaw, which is actually bigger than his upper jaw. I also don't like that they're reusing the old dragon legs for his hind legs, they look to large. I'd rather have seen a new smaller mold for his hind legs to be more accurate. I know this sounds pretty harsh, but I was kind of expecting more detail, and it to look more like Smaug in the movie. I guess there's hope that the actual one they release will be a bit better... And at least we're getting a Smaug. Got to be thankful for that.

Oh, random bonus - If you look closely at the poster, both Oin and Balin are holding Sting (Oin actually has two).

Dude... you only have seen 1 picture from his baddest angle

The angle where you can see the least of him :wacko:

Just wait till you see more, Lego will do it good

And it is a picture of a CGI model from the video game, which may or may not bear any relation or resemblance to anything the Lego eventually produces in the real world. Sometimes the game matches, sometimes it doesn't. And there really is no discern able pattern to it.

And it is a picture of a CGI model from the video game, which may or may not bear any relation or resemblance to anything the Lego eventually produces in the real world. Sometimes the game matches, sometimes it doesn't. And there really is no discern able pattern to it.

And there's that! :laugh:

Witch set do you guys think they'll (hopefully) reveal at SDCC?

Which set do you guys think they'll (hopefully) reveal at SDCC?

Witch set do you guys think they'll (hopefully) reveal at SDCC?

It could be BO5A or Erebor

I think BO5A as they always show the second biggest set

Yes, that's why I said that there's hope that the final will be better. But I can see Smaug's whole body in that poster if I zoom in, and I'm honestly not impressed with that version, although the tail piece does look interesting. I just want to see the final version, which hopefully we'll see at SDCC.

@Azog15, I think that we'll probably see the set with Smaug, since he's the main subject of the movies. Don't know for sure which set that'll be, but I'm guessing it would be the Erebor set.

I think BO5A as they always show the second biggest set

They always show the most complete looking set. that said there does not have to be a pattern. theres a mix of what people want to see, what doesent spoil things etc.

I think theres a decent chanse they will show off the samug set.

They always show the most complete looking set. that said there does not have to be a pattern. theres a mix of what people want to see, what doesent spoil things etc.

I think theres a decent chanse they will show off the samug set.

Especially if it's based on material entirely from the second film.

Well there's a point in that

They could show the Smaug Erebor set yes, especially if it is based on the awesome last scene of DOS :wub:

Forges of Erebor FTW!

And yes BO5A would show a lot of spoilers!

I hope they show the Erebor set :classic:

So the Hobbit Demo is now on

You can download it at the Lego Website

Of course my computer wont load it because i have a crappy computer

It started and right when Bombur fell down in the Halls of the Goblin king, Booms Frozen!

Dangit Naggit :cry_sad:

I have been away for over a week and haven't had any chance to cheak this forum. I just wanted to know if someone could update me on the latest information. It would be much appreciated. :classic:

Edited by Legoman123

I have been away for over a week and haven't had any chance to cheak this forum. I just wanted to know if someone could update me on the latest information. It would be much appreciated. :classic:

OP has a list of all confirmed info we know about for the wave; don't think there was anything major announced since that was updated.