just2good

LEGO Hobbit 2014

I like the Galadriel minifigure, but I was playing LEGO The Lord of the Rings a couple of days ago and I remembered how much I loved that design for her. I wish they had used it.

You can mod the figure pretty easily to get to something like that, if trouser suits are your thing. I think the figure is improved by changing the flesh arms to white ones - not sure whether that's Hobbit movie accurate, but it looks more like LOTR Galadriel. If you pick up a Saruman torso and white cloak, you can make a pretty decent Celeborn by adding some light grey legs, blonde elf hair and an elf face of your choice. And if you're so inclined, paint his hair silver grey and you get a book-accurate version of him.

Has anyone heard something about the third Lego Hobbit Game? I'm getting more and more worried, that they won't release it anymore. In my opinion it's a bit strange that there isn't an ad in the instructions of the new sets - I mean they announced the game last year in the instructions, so why didn't they do it this year too?

Edited by Balbo

Has anyone heard something about the third Lego Hobbit Game? I'm getting more and more worried, that they won't release it anymore. In my opinion it's a bit strange that there isn't an ad in the instructions of the new sets - I mean they announced the game last year in the instructions, so why didn't they do it this year too?

Nothing. Which is really weird, someone should mail TT games. At this point I wouldnt be surprised If the game has been postponed until spring to be released together with BoFa on DVD and Blu-ray.

They might skip on dlc and just release a whole new complete game.

Guys, Lego can't even start the DLC... they need to see the movie first :sceptic:

Also they announced it in a press release so... i don't think you can cancel that!

Nice, with that new staff pick for Lothlorien there are currently two LotR themed sets featured on the homepage of Ideas at the moment, and the Minas Tirith set is less than 900 votes from consideration!

I think at the least we can assume those paying attention know there's a desire for more and we won't go down without a fight. Whether or not anything will come from that is another issue, but they can't say we didn't try. :)

Edited by bachamn

Guys, Lego can't even start the DLC... they need to see the movie first :sceptic:

Also they announced it in a press release so... i don't think you can cancel that!

Hmm, I'm not so sure - when they announced the Lego Hobbit Game they said in the press release, that they would release the DLC with the movie in December. Furthermore they must have started producing the game, in my viewpoint it would be too late to wait when the movie is released and than start working for the game. From business point releasing the DLC before christmas and when the movie hits theater is the best time make cash.

But I really hope you are right, the game wouldn't feel complete without the last part of the movie......

at first I took this as saying they can't release the DLC until the film comes out, but then I re-read and it does sound like you're suggesting the game devs haven't started working on it yet because they haven't seen the film? If they were planning on releasing this alongside the film they would have had to received a considerable amount of source material to work with long in advance. Game development takes a long time, especially when it's multi-console

Hmm, I'm not so sure - when they announced the Lego Hobbit Game they said in the press release, that they would release the DLC with the movie in December. Furthermore they must have started producing the game, in my viewpoint it would be too late to wait when the movie is released and than start working for the game. From business point releasing the DLC before christmas and when the movie hits theater is the best time make cash.

But I really hope you are right, the game wouldn't feel complete without the last part of the movie......

at first I took this as saying they can't release the DLC until the film comes out, but then I re-read and it does sound like you're suggesting the game devs haven't started working on it yet because they haven't seen the film? If they were planning on releasing this alongside the film they would have had to received a considerable amount of source material to work with long in advance. Game development takes a long time, especially when it's multi-console

However they will release it or when, they will! that's the point

To anyone who is upset at the minifigure gaps. There are quite a few good customs on ebay. They are a little pricy but most of them are good quality. There is Celborn, Eowyn, Feremir and Denethor.

Anyway, i really like the sound of the galadrial minifigure. The shimmery cape sounds quite cool.

Did anyone every find out if the Armored Azog Lego Promo was real ?

Did anyone every find out if the Armored Azog Lego Promo was real ?

WAIT, WHAT? Thats a thing? Where is this rumour from?

WAIT, WHAT? Thats a thing? Where is this rumour from?

I follow this Forum very closely, and i have never heard of it...

Also i just noticed in the Lego game, the sword and shield Thror wears is also the sword and shield Thorin wears in Bo5a :sweet:

Edited by kevkipo

An armoured Azog really sounds to good to be true, with the existing Azog mold a accured armoured version wouldn't even be possible, so he would require a new headpiece mold too...

An armoured Azog really sounds to good to be true, with the existing Azog mold a accured armoured version wouldn't even be possible, so he would require a new headpiece mold too...

It would be possible... just paint it on the excisting piece :sceptic:

It would be possible... just paint it on the excisting piece :sceptic:

I'm not so sure if it would work well that way, it's a possibility just painting the existing piece, but the armour of Azog looks to unique and would require a new shoulder piece, so I don't think that it would work with the current Azog mold :sceptic: .

I agree with Balbo, his chest armour reaches into spikes at the top that go up to his neck. So while it is possible it would not be accurate.

But it would at least be something

*Mumble mumble* Rather want Thorin in his other armour...

Even though i love Azog's badass new armour and Thorin's final battle look i would love to have a bolg figure. Its literally the only central character that is needed to complete the line. Just a suprise lego shop promo would be amazing. I wish they'd at least give us some way to get a Bolg, like one more set, a polybag, with the blu ray of BO5A just something.

*Mumble mumble* Rather want Thorin in his other armour...

Yes but you are like Thorins biggest fan.

What are the odds of us getting a polybag of any Character for this film.

What are the odds of us getting a polybag of any Character for this film.

The odds are definitely not in our favor :sadnew: A s@h promo doesn't make any sense at this point and a TRU-exclusive polybag is quite unlikely as well, seeing how there's already a polybag promotion on the way (the one with Rocket Raccoon). The only thing that raises my hope is the potential DK book, even though it'd probably include old Bilbo instead of any new character :tongue:

BTW, the Azog rumor stemmed from Brickipedia, where an armored version was mentioned in his entry. Since anyone can edit it, Brickipedia isn't exactly the most trustworthy of sources :grin: The only peculiar thing about that "rumor" was the fact that at the time, it hadn't even been revealed that Azog would be wearing armor in the movie; the first wallpapers showing said armor surfaced a couple of weeks after the Brickipedia discovery :wink: Seems to have been a lucky guess :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Guys check this out:

it's from Kevin Urlich aka Brotherhood Workshop a very trusty source

based on how they handled the Harry Potter line (made sets as long as movies were being made), I'm guessing they will treat the Hobbit line the same way. I also had a conversation with some of the marketing guys inside LEGO, and they said it's pretty much done after the BOTFA sets, aside from maybe a couple exclusives with the DVD release next year. Maybe.

Exclusives??! :grin:

Edited by kevkipo

Guys check this out:

it's from Kevin Urlich aka Brotherhood Workshop a very trusty source

based on how they handled the Harry Potter line (made sets as long as movies were being made), I'm guessing they will treat the Hobbit line the same way. I also had a conversation with some of the marketing guys inside LEGO, and they said it's pretty much done after the BOTFA sets, aside from maybe a couple exclusives with the DVD release next year. Maybe.

Exclusives??! :grin:

Thanks for the news :classic: .

It really raises my hope for at least one more Middle Earth figure now that we know they are considering making exclusives for the DVD release. *Fingers crossed* for Bolg :grin:

Edited by Balbo

Thanks for the news :classic: .

It really raises my hope for at least one more Middle Earth figure now that we know they are considering making exclusives for the DVD release. *Fingers crossed* for Thorin :grin:

Honestly, it'd be cool to get Thorin, but he's already gotten THREE variants. He's had his run, I think that instead of a new variant we should get a secondary character. I love Thorin, but I would say that Bolg is more important than another variation.