I know TLG has made Lego the lone ranger but what happened to classic Western or pirates. Do you think Lego will bring back western in a non Disney theme and make it more like its classic mid 1990's counterpart. If they Bring western back will we see flat foot thompson or a new cast of villains and sheriffs. What do you think. When do you think they might bring it back. If you don't think they'll bring it back why.

Sincerley CullmanCreations

post-93657-0-05153900-1388685983_thumb.jpg

Edited by cullmancreations

I think we'll probably see Wild West come back before Pirates. The Lone Ranger theme sold really well despite how big of a flop that movie was. That may have been TLG's method of testing the waters before they release a proper Wild West theme. I bet we'll see Wild West again within a year or two.

I think we'll probably see Wild West come back before Pirates. The Lone Ranger theme sold really well despite how big of a flop that movie was. That may have been TLG's method of testing the waters before they release a proper Wild West theme. I bet we'll see Wild West again within a year or two.

I agree but I do think that Pirates will come before western returns as the return of Western would be too soon since lone ranger was last year. Pirates will probably return later this year or the next and western will return in 2016.

I hope your right, as a big Western fan I would love it to come back. It's been a long time now since they made the last Western set, so I wonder how long it'll still take them to reintroduce the theme.

I hope your right, as a big Western fan I would love it to come back. It's been a long time now since they made the last Western set, so I wonder how long it'll still take them to reintroduce the theme.

Well the pirates theme dissapeared in1996 and didn't get reinroduced until 2009. Yes I'm aware of the lego legends line of 2001 but the theme itself went dark for about 13 years. so and now after the lone range it only seems logical that if they were to approach at making more wild west sets they would make it there own theme and not under license. Edited by cullmancreations

Well at some point they have to reintroduce Western, I can't imagine they wouldn't do that because I think the theme was very succesfull back then..

I hope if they reintroduce the theme, they also make a few sets in the old western theme style as a tribute or something. I'm affraid that the new western theme will not be aible to combine with the older, as Lego now has a lot new pieces (for example the new horse) and the newer sets are all a bit different styles then the older 90's sets.

but that doesn't mean i wouldn't buy it, I would definitely buy all of the sets 2 or 3 times and maybe make 2 different towns of it and don't try to mix the old and the new together.

The western set had some great features. I liked the guns in particular, as the guns from the Pirates series did not go well with the City series (which did not have guns at the time). The six-shooters and shotguns from the Western series did not look out of place with the City sets.

I think LEGO should bring back Western with all the original characters like Sheriff Wyatt West, Zack (red shirted cowboy) and Flatfoot Thompson. :laugh: