Sign in to follow this  
Cecilie

Magnus Carlsen vs Vishy Anand

I don't understand much about chess (I know the rules, but that's pretty much it :tongue:), but when the young Norwegian chess prodigy Magnus Carlsen is playing for the world champion title against Vishy Anand, I can't help it, I'm spending hours in front of my computer watching the matches, and understand nothing about why the chess computers are telling me one or the other has an advantage :look:. But today Magnus took his second victory, playing with black, and I made a little celebratory MOC :sweet:

10890344856_bca792f0aa_c.jpg

@Captain Settle, no, the player to the left is Mr. Anand and he`s wearing glasses. Great MOC tho, so "simple" yet so correct.

Edited by Chilis

I don't understand much about chess either, but I like this MOC! Is the one on the right (Magnus?) wearing glasses?

The player on the right is Magnus yes, and he's not wearing glasses, I tried to portray the deep dark frown he has when he's thinking hard :wink:

@Captain Settle, no, the player to the left is Mr. Anand and he`s wearing glasses. Great MOC tho, so "simple" yet so correct.

Thanks :sweet:. It's actually my first time attempting miniland scale figures (and clearly I was too lazy to give them legs and chairs :tongue:)

Haha, this is brilliant, right down to the clock with the switch on it. Where in today's game are we at the point you've pictured - is it a decisive move?

On another note, I think Magnus Carlsen would have been even better if you had managed to offset the lowest plate of the head by half a stud - to recreate his underbite ;)

Well first off, I love the miniland scale and you pulled it off really well. Second, is chess that big of a deal over in Europe that its shown live?

Haha, this is brilliant, right down to the clock with the switch on it. Where in today's game are we at the point you've pictured - is it a decisive move?

On another note, I think Magnus Carlsen would have been even better if you had managed to offset the lowest plate of the head by half a stud - to recreate his underbite ;)

It's actually the board position where Anand gave up. I first wanted them to be extend their arms to shake hands across the board, but because the board is a bit disproportionally large, they would have needed way too long arms :laugh:

Well first off, I love the miniland scale and you pulled it off really well. Second, is chess that big of a deal over in Europe that its shown live?

Well, I don't know about the rest of Europe, but seeing as Magnus Carlsen is Norwegian, and that it's the first time ever we have a Norwegian chess player who's doing so well (he's the current 1st ranked in the world), he's kind of a big deal here. So, most people don't care about chess, but they care about Magnus, and I think this is the first time they're showing chess live on TV...

Brilliant Moc Cecilie :sweet::thumbup: ,though I admit I haven't been able to sit through a whole chess match yet, even the ones with Magnus :grin:

A lot of chess matches are broadcast live. This, however, is the World Championship taking place in India. It's a big deal because Magnus is bringing the title back to the West.

I'm of Norwegian heritage and find this very cool. :sweet: