just2good

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Dam These sets wont be in NZ till September due to the movie Push back.

I dont see how this effects the Nic CGI sets other words the nice sets. Should this not only effect the movie sets.

Dam I want these new sets now I have to wait 6 months.

Saw all the sets at my local store yesterday and picked up the T-rawket, which i love, minifigures are amazing and nice to finally get more Kraang. Very pleased with this purchase.

I find it odd that I find that 30-second TV spot to be more promising than the full trailer we have so far. At least in this we get to see more of the Turtles themselves in action, which certainly looks promising. Splinter, from that very brief glimpse of him, also looks very promising. Here's hoping we get at least one fight between Splinter and Shredder in this, and hopefully we see Karai in one of these trailers soon.

Whether this movie ends up being good or not, it still really bugs me that the movie isn't coming out in the UK until October. This will undoubtedly continue to bug me until release day, but my main concern is trying to avoid spoilers between the earliest release date and the UK release date. It's also disappointing that this very late release date means that the sets won't end up coming out until October either. It makes no sense to me why the film was moved from its initial August release date to an October release date in the UK.

Whether this movie ends up being good or not, it still really bugs me that the movie isn't coming out in the UK until October. This will undoubtedly continue to bug me until release day, but my main concern is trying to avoid spoilers between the earliest release date and the UK release date. It's also disappointing that this very late release date means that the sets won't end up coming out until October either. It makes no sense to me why the film was moved from its initial August release date to an October release date in the UK.

I didn't think the sets would get pushed back as well. :sceptic:

^

Knowing our luck in the UK, I am sad to say that I would be entirely unsurprised to see these movie sets pushed back so as to coincide with the movie release. It happened with the Lone Ranger sets over here, so I'm sure the TMNT movie sets would abide to the same principles.

^

Knowing our luck in the UK, I am sad to say that I would be entirely unsurprised to see these movie sets pushed back so as to coincide with the movie release. It happened with the Lone Ranger sets over here, so I'm sure the TMNT movie sets would abide to the same principles.

Well that's a real shame. This was one of the themes I was most looking forward to seeing this year. :sceptic:

Interesting to note Raphael minifigure does not have sunglasses.

Propably doesn't wear those the entire movie either.

Edited by deskp

Love the new trailer love splinter i cant wait for the movie. Im loving the sets, and i hope to get them all eventually.

So i have a question for you guys Would you like to see a metal head Figure. Personally i would like seeing a metal head figure so much i think in the new show his "character" is great I also think we haven't see the last of him. But i really would like to see him in mini figure forum eventually. Also Casey Jones, Irma, Rahzar, Slash, and many more mutants

Edited by samxsteal

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Metalhead next year, along with several other important characters from series 2. After all, this year's wave had focused on other important characters from series 1, so I'd expect the next wave to be more focused on series 2 content. If so, we could see characters such as Tigerclaw and Casey Jones as well, which would be great, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Swedish shop "brixit" uses a new banner showing the movie versions of Raphael and Shredder: http://shop.brixit.se/

...well, at least partially :tongue: Is it just me or does Shredder have the same face as Lex Luthor? I hope not, that one doesn't look much like William Fichtner :hmpf_bad:

From those details we can see, I think Shredder has a different face, but it is very similar to Lex Luthor and doesn't really represent William Fichtner very well. That said, the movie Shredder looks even better than I had expected, and what we can see of Raphael looks very good as well. I'm not certain, but it looks like his bandana/mask has little indents in the side which shades/googles can be placed on. If so, that's even better considering he wears shades in the movie. Let's hope the rest of the minifigures are as good.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

Swedish shop "brixit" uses a new banner showing the movie versions of Raphael and Shredder: http://shop.brixit.se/

...well, at least partially :tongue: Is it just me or does Shredder have the same face as Lex Luthor? I hope not, that one doesn't look much like William Fichtner :hmpf_bad:

I actually really like that version of Raphael.

I'm desperate for a Metalhead!

Agreed It would be awesome i thought i about customizing but it would take alot of work which i don't really have time for.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got Metalhead next year, along with several other important characters from series 2. After all, this year's wave had focused on other important characters from series 1, so I'd expect the next wave to be more focused on series 2 content. If so, we could see characters such as Tigerclaw and Casey Jones as well, which would be great, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope so i would like to see many more mutants from the show and many more characters and playsets

I love these figures lol so much detail, im really not upset about the higher shells and if the have the ability to add thing to the shell like the sword scabbard.

From those details we can see, I think Shredder has a different face, but it is very similar to Lex Luthor and doesn't really represent William Fichtner very well. That said, the movie Shredder looks even better than I had expected, and what we can see of Raphael looks very good as well. I'm not certain, but it looks like his bandana/mask has little indents in the side which shades/googles can be placed on. If so, that's even better considering he wears shades in the movie. Let's hope the rest of the minifigures are as good.

i think all of them have those for customization

I actually really like that version of Raphael.

me to and im sure the other will be just as good i actually really like mikey

Shredders shoulder piece look menacing, both minifigures are awesome!

Another Turtle I love is Leonardo, the movie version uses light blue appose to dark blue which looks great!

Was looking on a local cinemas website for the release of TMNT the movie, bad news is we only get it on the 19 of September

good news is i found these linked to it :classic:

5501.20140410103527983.large.jpg

5501.20140410103528834.large.jpg

5501.20140410103529675.large.jpg

5501.20140410103437470.ext_large.jpg

These are good posters, even if they don't show much. However, they were revealed quite a while ago. Speaking of such, I am really quite surprised that someone has only just posted them within this thread.

Something disappointing about the T Rawket set, even though it has wheels they do not fit on railway tracks which is inconsistent with the series where the subway is used as the launch pad.

Small things.

This is a brief story-line on a cinemas website its very vague, but the part that speaks of Shredders iron grip is interesting:

The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future seems grim—until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April and her wisecracking cameraman, Vern Fenwick, to save the city and unravel Shredder’s diabolical plan.

Hopefully we have a great movie and great sets

The good thing about that description is that it implies that the film doesn't make the mistake of the Michael Bay Transformers films: focusing on the humans rather than the title characters. Let's hope that the film does focus on the Turtles and give us a lot of epic ninja action.

Here's the full version of the banner. I hope TLG doesn't mind me sharing this. :look: