Sign in to follow this  
mapimi

[LDD MOC] MI84 Paris RER

Hello everyone

So I'm back in college away from my dearest lego collection, so LDD is the only tool I can use to 'build' MOCs.

Here is my version of the MI84 currently used on Paris' RER A&B lines (mostly B).

The train is 7-studs wide, which I'm not sure how much of a structural integrity it would have in real life, but I have the train in both the old livery and the new STIF livery.

I'm adding the instructions for anyone interested

1378820285m_display.jpg

1378819288m_display.jpg

1378819287m_display.jpg

1378819747m_display.jpg

Let me know what you think :) Cheers

RER complete livré RATP:SNCF.lxf

They look pretty good, I like the combination of sand green en dark red on the version of Mapimi.

@ Skystorm yours looks good too, especially the use of purple train windows is real cool.

It looks nice! Unfortunately I have to dial with that train everyday of my life. I did a ldd version myself as well.

10570442_10204479556607751_1489801658556453873_n.jpg

I know, RER B is a mess...and the older config is looking grungier and grungier, luckily there are more and more refurbished trains appearing, at least the interior is more colourful and bright, unlike the darkness of the old config.

They look pretty good, I like the combination of sand green en dark red on the version of Mapimi.

@ Skystorm yours looks good too, especially the use of purple train windows is real cool.

Thanks UrbanErwin, unfortunately I think Skystorm is right, my version is nearly impossible to reproduce in real life.

This CAD project looks fine ...but is a paush along train?

well it does have a 7 stud width, so I guess a battery box could be added, I must admit only recently (as of two weeks ago) got my first motorisation kit for my horizon express, so wasn't thinking of motorising this train at the time I LDD-it.

I use 9V system so I don't have the problem of fitting the power box. In this unit there is little space to do it as the space is maximized for transporting passengers.