Takanuinuva

Hero Factory Moc Week. Nebula Gang 2.0

These are my Mocs of Von Nebula's Gang in 2.0 form. I will be posting one Moc for each day of this week

Today is the least known of the Nebula Gang. Vapour 2.0

Front

001.jpg

Right Side

002.jpg

Back

003.jpg

Left Side

004.jpg

Pose- Vapour spots an enemy

005.jpg

Each day will be a surprise. So tune in tomorrow for the next Moc

Day 2 of the week. This time is the Hulking Brute of Nebula's gang. Thunder 2.0

Front

006.jpg

Right Side

007.jpg

Back

008.jpg

Left Side

009.jpg

Pose- Attempting Thunder's Ball Form

010.jpg

See you tomorrow for another moc

Day 3 of the week this time we have the Toxic Terror. Meltdown 2.0

Front

011.jpg

Right Side

012.jpg

Back

013.jpg

Left Side

014.jpg

Pose

015.jpg

See you tomorrow

Day 4 of the week this time we have the Acid Sprayer himself. Corroder 2.0

Front

016.jpg

Right Side

017.jpg

Back

018.jpg

Left Side

019.jpg

Pose- On all fours

020.jpg

Tune in Tomorrow

Day 5 of the week. This time we have the Short Fuse- Xplode 2.0

Front

021.jpg

Right Side

022.jpg

Back

023.jpg

Left Side

024.jpg

Pose- Shooting off his explosive spikes

025.jpg

Check back Tomorrow

Day 6 of the week. Now we have the Loose Screw. Rotor 2.0

Front

026.jpg

Right Side

027.jpg

Back

028.jpg

Left Side

029.jpg

Pose- Shooting his Biohazard Gas Shooter

030.jpg

Tomorrow is the last day. Were ending on the Leader

The last day of the week. Here is the Mastermind. The Ex-Hero. Master of Black Holes- Von Nebula 2.0

Front

031.jpg

Right Side

032.jpg

Back

033.jpg

Left Side

034.jpg

Pose

035.jpg

Group Shot

036.jpg

Gallery when public

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=532328

That's the end of the week. Thanks for watching

Edited by Takanuinuva

I like Vapour's overall look. I think his weapons look very cool, what with the 'Gali Mistika targeting piece' on the one weapon, and the sleek blades on the other. I like that you kept those Corroder blades on the arms too, helps identify the guy more.

The back is a little bare, though, and his chest looks a bit weak in my opinion. Perhaps if you added a black 'Super-Hero' chest add-on part it would improve the look a little. I also feel that with the orange lacking he looks a little plain. The original had a little of it, I think this should too. Perhaps the tubes could be changed back to the right color, or something else could be added on in the orange colour.

Other than that, it looks like a good revamp, and I look forward to seeing the others when they come :)

Those two look too identical.

Thunder 2.0 and Vapour 2.0 do share some similar designs. But look at there original versions. They also share some similar designs. I wanted to keep that.

Glad to see that Thunder I sold you went to good use, and I like how you made him roll into a.......sort-of ball.

Alright, new 'revamps'!

I'll try to be shorter with this one, haha.

While I do like Thunder's overall look, what with the 'Crusher Claw' and the Mata Nui blade on the back, and that head(still wish I'd picked the set up when I had the chance), his build is pretty much identical to that of Vapour's, even down to the placement of the shells on the legs. Again I say, add a black Super-Hero Torso Add-On piece and buff him up a little, or do something with the exposed balls on the shoulders. Otherwise, he looks the part, and that's all I can say about Thunder.

'Meltdown' however is a different story. I like the torso. It isn't just one piece slapped on, and gives him a hunched look while still being well armored. The Savage Planet part on the lower torso looks nice, discreet, and seems to fit well with the part on the back. Weapons are identical to how they were in the set, and I'm cool with that. Not a bad looking one, our Melty here.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with Xplode, whenever you get around to him. He's a personal favorite of mine :)

Thunder 2.0 and Vapour 2.0 do share some similar designs. But look at there original versions. They also share some similar designs. I wanted to keep that.

That's a fair intention. Just looked at the HeroSector, they really have very similar structure. I guess I just wanted them to be a little more different.

On the other hand, I really like Meltdown and Corroder. Although they also share the pretty similar structure, you managed to keep the difference. For example, Corroder's leg joints, which do really fit him.

Must say that out of all of these, Corroder is my favorite. Captures the look of the original set very very well, and gives a little more fexibility in the lower legs than the set had before. The claw-shield things look identical to the original, and I like the back-mounted launcher.

Must admit, I was expecting something different when it came to Xplode. I do like that for the most part he keeps to the original looks, but there's something about that Drilldozer torso part that just makes him look... chunky. All the other basic details are there, and those look good, but the upper torso throws off the look a little for me.

I think there's only one left- Rotor? He's got to be an XL at least, so I look forward to seeing what you do with him :)

Not gonna lie, I think the placement of the armour on Xplode's back could have been higher up. As it stands, from the front the silhouette from the spike armour makes him look fat. The Drilldozer torso also seems a tad out of place on Xplode. I'm sure he was a bit skinnier before.

I didn't really like XPlode or Thnder that much as revamps of their prior forms, but the rest are pretty good. Rotor and Meltdown are standouts, and Von Nebula is a masterpiece. I really love how you adapted him over this system.

Yeah, I I've got admit, even though I don't really like the majority of these (just because they're extremely bland, not bad), Von Nebula has turned out very nicely. One thing that really stands out on the design though is the blue shells on the inner sides of his legs, I'd try to swap them out for black ones if possible. Rotor is pretty neat too.

I almost take back what I said about Corroder. Von Nebula is... wow.

I think you've done a terrific job with rebuilding the criminal mastermind. All the features from the original set are there, including the pistons, which I am very impressed by, and you've managed to get more of that wonderful blue integrated into his build. I like how you pulled off the double-bone 'Fire-Lord' leg design, and his hunch.. well, it looks like a hunch. :tongue: Really something, there.

Rotor looks a bit plain in comparison. Yes all the major details are there, but he looks like he could do with some armor. Maybe stick a boxy add-on armor piece to each of the legs, like ones included in the 'Voltix' set and beef him up a little. Otherwise, not bad.

This certainly has been an interesting week, hasn't it? I think it ended pretty well!

I would like to see you do more, if you so decide to.