Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #80: Sic Semper Tyrannis

"Aww damn it, why are you so hard to defeat ?"

Repeat

OOC: I thought assassins have aim instead of miss

Haldor steps forward to heal Romulus. Although he bitterly resented this kind of 'entertainment', he wasn't about to let his friends die on him.

Battle Order:

Xander

Mizuki

Haldor

Romulus

Round 20 of the Gladiator Arena!

Xander> nothing

Mizuki vs. Leofold> Hit Damage (8+19=27-1=26 damage)

Haldor> heal Romulus (Extra heal- 15x3=45+28=73 health restored)

Romulus vs. Leofold- Hit (10 +19=29-1=28 damage)

Mizuki runs and shoots Leofold, shocking him. Haldor heals Romulus and gives him a pat on the back. Romulus charges forward with his club, and bashes Leofold's head. His head rotates quickly, and blood splatters everywhere. The crowd is ecstatic as Leofold falls unconscious. Romulus has pleased the masses! Positive 12/15. THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS! How will the spoils be divided?

Drops:

333 gold

Dual-Gladii (WP:12 short sword, dual-wield)

Scutum Shield (SP:9)

heroica-healthcore.jpgHealth Core - Restores full health to target.

heroica-bone.jpgBone - Can be thrown at monsters to distract them for a turn.

heroica-potion.jpgPotion – Restores 10 health to the target

heroica-waterbomb.jpgWater Bomb – Causes 5 points of water-elemental damage to all enemies, doubled if the target is weak to water.

heroica-venom.jpgVenom – Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on any enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn.

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Party Leader*

34 year old male human Nord. Level 28 2/3 Shaman. *Immune to Stunned, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 47 (Level 28, +15 WP, +4 from Scarlett Hood)

Defence: 7 (Base 0 +2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health: 45/47 (Base 9, +26 Level Increase, +9 Additional +1 Zoot's Bonus)

Ether: 37/37 (Base 5, +26 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 46

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Protects from Blindness), Scarlet Hood (+4 Power, Protects from Stunning), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Protects from Fragility).

Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12, Water Elemental), Dualis Sceptre (WP: 8, Dual-Striking), Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Sickle Claw Knife (WP:12), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Reptillian Scale, Health Core (x2), Potion (x4), Remedy (x6), Venom, Tonic, Smelling Salts, Mead, Gladiator Helmet (SP:3, headwear),

Mizuki_Fancy_Ava2.jpgName: Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

21-year-old female human Assassin

Level 20

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 33/33

Gold: 1168

Equipment: Explosive Handcannon (WP:8/16 to Rock Monsters), Sticky Gloves( Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Magic Viper Skin (accessory, heals 1 health to wearer each round of battle, unless knocked out)

Inventory: Top Hat (WP: 14. 50% Stun chance, retrievable), Sylph Shuriken (WP:12, wind- and light-elemental, retrievable), Dagger (WP:10), Grand Potion x4, 2 Phoenix Essences, 3 Venoms, Deadly Venom 2x, 3 Nostrums, 4x Remedy, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Death Progg Claw, Trial Brew, Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Heavy Shield (SP 5), Gold Locket(Worth 50 Gold), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect. spear) (Knife WP:3),

photo-4353.jpgXander Unth'or (posades)

24 year-old male human Hunter

Level 32 *Natural Respite* *Immune to Blindness and Fragile and Weakened and Weakened* *Favours Beast and Humanoid Monsters*

Power: 53 (26+19+2+2)

Defense: 8

Health: 46/46

Ether: 0/0

Gold: 169

Equipment: Precision Bow (WP:19; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect), Gladiator Helmet (SP:3, headwear), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Protects from Weakening)

Inventory: Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Electro Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to lightning elemental damage, accessory), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning) 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom 2x, Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Bones, 5 Dragon Scales, 1 Mead, 1 Level-Up Mushroom, Seventh Heaven,

7932686900_57081d2403_t.jpgRomulus Dean(TheBoyWonder)

Level 20 2/3 Raider *Immune to Fragile* Earns Triple Experience*

Defense: 5

Health: 34/34

Gold: 206 (30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Dawnbreaker (WP:13, Light), Heavy Armour (SP5 protects from Fragile), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

Inventory: Bedroll, Potion 2x, Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer), Phoenix Essence, Throwing Dagger (WP: 6), Combrys (WP:157 consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Spiked Club (WP:10, Earth), Staff of Frog Paladin (WP6, Grants Amphibianoc's Blessing), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect. spear), Sticky Gloves, Drumstick

Haldor tramped slowly, solemnly around the arena, picking up whatever scrap he found worth salvaging. Once he was done, he returned back to the group and laid it out in front of them without saying a word. He gave the vicious looking short-blades to Mizuki, who had been an unwavering source of support during the battle. The nord hitched the shield onto his own back - he couldn't use it, of course, but there might come a time that he needed to hang behind a shield, one day he might be grateful for it...

Loot!

Mizuki - Dual Gladii, Potion, Venom, Bone

Xander - Water bomb, 120 gold

Romulus - Health core, 120 gold

Haldor - Scutum shield, 93 gold

Once he was done, Haldor scanned around the edges of the sand-pit, trying to gauge reactions from the far-off crowd. They were too far away, but the shaman could tell that he wasn't being looked upon favourably. He spoke softly.

"Come on, grab your stuff and we'll get going. I don't want to spend another minute in this godawful place. When we've cleared up here, I want to go and find that girl that we rescued earlier, 'cause I feel like it."

As he walked away, Haldor turned back towards his fellow heroes.

"You can do the whole "look at us, we won!" song and dance if it makes you feel good - I won't stop you."

Aurellius hustles over to the party.

aurellius.png

"You guys did great! The crowd loved the fight. You have successfully earned 2/3 positive reputations among the masses! I've heard about you around town and in the forums.... You guys are everywhere right? You only haven't visited the Palace and the City Walls yet. Though the walls are for legionaries only unless you have special permission from Brutus. Where would you like to go?"

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpg

34 year old male human Nord. Level 28 2/3 Shaman. *Immune to Stunned, Fragile and Blinded*

Ether: 37/37 (Base 5, +26 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold: 139

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Protects from Blindness), Scarlet Hood (+4 Power, Protects from Stunning), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Protects from Fragility).

Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12, Water Elemental), Dualis Sceptre (WP: 8, Dual-Striking), Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Sickle Claw Knife (WP:12), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Reptillian Scale, Health Core (x2), Potion (x4), Remedy (x6), Venom, Tonic, Smelling Salts, Mead, Gladiator Helmet (SP:3, headwear), Scutum Shield (SP:9)

Level 20

Gold: 1168

Equipment: Explosive Handcannon (WP:8/16 to Rock Monsters), Sticky Gloves( Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Magic Viper Skin (accessory, heals 1 health to wearer each round of battle, unless knocked out)

Inventory: Top Hat (WP: 14. 50% Stun chance, retrievable), Sylph Shuriken (WP:12, wind- and light-elemental, retrievable), Dagger (WP:10), Grand Potion x4, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Venoms, Deadly Venom 2x, 3 Nostrums, 4x Remedy, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Death Progg Claw, Trial Brew, Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Heavy Shield (SP 5), Gold Locket(Worth 50 Gold), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect. spear) (Knife WP:3), Dual Gladii (WP:12, dual-wield), Potion, Bone

Level 32 *Natural Respite* *Immune to Blindness and Fragile and Weakened and Weakened* *Favours Beast and Humanoid Monsters*

Gold: 289

Equipment: Precision Bow (WP:19; all 'Aim's become 'Hit's), Hunter's Quiver of Marksmanship (WP:2 to a bow, allows the hunter to favor two types at the same time; protects from blindness-effect), Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect), Gladiator Helmet (SP:3, headwear), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Protects from Weakening)

Inventory: Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Electro Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to lightning elemental damage, accessory), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning) 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom 2x, Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Bones, 5 Dragon Scales, 1 Mead, 1 Level-Up Mushroom, Seventh Heaven, Water Bomb

Gold: 326 (30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Dawnbreaker (WP:13, Light), Heavy Armour (SP5 protects from Fragile), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

Inventory: Bedroll, Potion 2x, Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer), Phoenix Essence, Throwing Dagger (WP: 6), Combrys (WP:157 consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Spiked Club (WP:10, Earth), Staff of Frog Paladin (WP6, Grants Amphibianoc's Blessing), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect. spear), Sticky Gloves, Drumstick, Health Core

"Should we go get permission to visit the walls from Brutus now ?" Mizuki flips a coin.

Aurellius hustles over to the party.

aurellius.png

"You guys did great! The crowd loved the fight. You have successfully earned 2/3 positive reputations among the masses! I've heard about you around town and in the forums.... You guys are everywhere right? You only haven't visited the Palace and the City Walls yet. Though the walls are for legionaries only unless you have special permission from Brutus. Where would you like to go?"

"Thank you, Aurellius. I'm glad that they found it a laugh, I mean, it must have been damn hilarious. Like when I cracked the head of that greenskin girl in cold blood, woulda' entertained me, for sure." He adds bitterly.

"We should probably find Brutus again and that that permission to walk the walls, but first I'd like to check on that girl we rescued earlier, know if she's anywhere about?"

aurellius.png

"Girl you rescued? I don't know about that. I assume she would be back at the Vigilum. Come back any times, gladiators."

"So let's go to the Vigilum to check on the girl and then ask Brutus for clearance to go onto the walls." Mizuki starts flipping a coin in boredom before passing Haldor 200 Gold and Xander and Romulus 150 Gold. "I totally forgot, I spent most of the fight stealing gold while you were fighting so here's your share."

Haldor is holds his hands up gratefully.

"That's... that's pretty damn kind of you, Mizuki. You get yourself first-go at any further junk we find, yeah? You've fought just as hard as anyone else, 'cept you're giving stuff away. I can only thank you for that. Help yourself to any of my potions you like, I hardly make use of them."

He then turns back to Aurellius.

"In that case, we'll head back to the Vigilum, see what we can find."

QM Note: Update will have to wait for tomorrow afternoon, unless you don't mind no pictures of the girl or anything.

Party:

copy_of_pict0550.jpg

Gold: 339

Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12, Water Elemental), Dualis Sceptre (WP: 8, Dual-Striking), Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Sickle Claw Knife (WP:12), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Diamond of Thoric (Empty), Bluehood's Aquamarine (Empty), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Reptillian Scale, Health Core (x2), Potion (x4), Remedy (x6), Venom, Tonic, Smelling Salts, Mead, Gladiator Helmet (SP:3, headwear), Scutum Shield (SP:9)

Level 20

Gold: 668

Inventory: Top Hat (WP: 14. 50% Stun chance, retrievable), Sylph Shuriken (WP:12, wind- and light-elemental, retrievable), Dagger (WP:10), Grand Potion x4, 2 Phoenix Essences, 4 Venoms, Deadly Venom 2x, 3 Nostrums, 4x Remedy, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Death Progg Claw, Trial Brew, Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Heavy Shield (SP 5), Gold Locket(Worth 50 Gold), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect. spear) (Knife WP:3), Dual Gladii (WP:12, dual-wield), Potion, Bone

Gold: 429

Inventory: Pongcanis Club (WP:8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP:3), Electro Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to lightning elemental damage, accessory), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning) 3 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Venom 2x, Deadly Venom, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Bones, 5 Dragon Scales, 1 Mead, 1 Level-Up Mushroom, Seventh Heaven, Water Bomb

Gold: 476 (30 to Loreal)

Inventory: Bedroll, Potion 2x, Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer), Phoenix Essence, Throwing Dagger (WP: 6), Combrys (WP:157 consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Spiked Club (WP:10, Earth), Staff of Frog Paladin (WP6, Grants Amphibianoc's Blessing), Gladiator Trident (WP:11, causes bleeding effect. spear), Sticky Gloves, Drumstick, Health Core

The party heads to the Vigilum again.

antony.png

"Ave members of Heroica. What brings you hear again?" :classic: "I hear you were great as Gladiators."

"Did you? We won, killed the others, let me put it that way."

Haldor's stern expression softens.

"We rescued a girl from a group of thugs earlier, I was wondering if she's anywhere abouts."

antony.png

"Ah, over here."

girl.png

"Uh... hello... heroes...." The girl says awkwardly, but sounding gracious. You all can RP for however long you want.

Haldor coughs.

"Hey, missy. What's your name? I was meaning to ask me, but then we had to beat up those thugs...

Anyway, name's Haldor. These are my friends, Romulus, Xander and Mizuki. Solid, dependable folks. You had run-ins with that kind of crowd before? I know those kind of people, talk tough, push people around, but when some bloke stands up to them, they're hardly much of a fight. We've been around town trying to clear-up groups of that sort. D'you happen to know much about them?"

The nord checks himself.

"But that hardly matters, just the usual stuff we can worry about later. The important thing now is making sure that you are alright. Are you hurt, did those thick gits get to you? I'd like to see you well. But first, I'd love to know what they call you by."

girl.png

"Hello Haldor, and the rest. I'm called Ivanova. Yes, me and a few others have met those kind of thugs. We're taken from our land, some from Charis, and me and a few other girls came from Dastan. I think they are behind bars now."

Mizuki passes the gold.

girl.png

"Oh my word, Thank you."

Haldor nods his head.

"Glad to meet you, Ivanova - that's an interesting name, ain't heard one like that for a long time. Taken, you say? By who, and why? Are they still around? These other girls, you mention, what are they locked-up for? D'you happen to know? Sorry for pressin' you, I'm just wondering if it's anything I could sort-out."

The nord realises that he's running his mouth off again, and tries to slow down.

"And what about you? You fixed up for a home, work, the like? I'd hate to leave knowing that I wasn't able to make anything better. It's pretty much what we're here for." He leans in close and whispers. "We've been hired by a bloke called Brutus. Things are gonna change around here for sure, soon, just you wait." Haldor winks.