The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2 hours ago, Maple said:

The set will be revealed tomorrow. If not tomorrow than the next tomorrow and then the next and I'm going to come here and post 2-3 times a day saying it's tomorrow because I'm immature.

Didn't you hear? It was revealed yesterday. Too late. :devil:

How funny it is… Modulars are supposed to be adult oriented toys and there were are (I include myself) more impatient than the most spoiled child who cannot wait to open his Christmas gifts… Has anyone got an idea / insight about the GWP ?

10 hours ago, Elysiumfountain said:

Have a confession, I totally forgot all about the next modular for three months and came back to all of this and was like oh, surprise.

Reading the rumored description I was fine until "turquoise roof" and now I'm worried :sceptic:

IF true, It could be trying to emulate the copper sheet roof style that you do find in some 1920-1930 buildings.  

It would be fun if the homage was that the art gallery had art pieces that pictured old modulars.

2 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

It would be fun if the homage was that the art gallery had art pieces that pictured old modulars.

A printed piece of Starry Night would be great since it is going to be released soon on its own.  

It would also be great if Lego could finally allow pre order for a modular.  They have tested pre order on some other products, why not this one too?  It would be really nice to somehow avoid the midnight computer crash or trying to get to the Lego Store early on January 1 with 80 other people (not an exaggeration, at least according to the experience last year).  

A Starry Night masterpiece showing in an art gallery would be awesome! I mean it may make sense that Lego is allowed to do it when they have Starry Night set on its way.

not sure about other artworks but I am excited about cool display i that art gallery. Maybe a creepy painting like Gladys from Freinds Apartments. :iamded_lol:

32 minutes ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

A printed piece of Starry Night would be great since it is going to be released soon on its own.  

Brilliant idea. I keep forgetting about the Starry Night set, then remembering, and getting excited for it all over again! Would be perfect to tease it in the modular.

33 minutes ago, Andy Glascott said:

Ok, so right now it’s tomorrow in Europe but still today here in the US so will it be European tomorrow or American tomorrow?

Two days before the day after European tomorrow.

Edit: OMG that's today.

Edited by koalayummies

22 hours ago, BrickFit26 said:

Is it tomorrow yet? :head_back:

It's not yet tomorrow somewhere

28 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

It's not yet tomorrow somewhere

Judging from how it's is ALWAYS "tomorrow" somewhere on the globe, when LEGO does reveal it, it would be up to 23 hours after the actual listed time it would be revealed for half the globe. (thus making it tomorrow for at least half, even though they are knowing about it at the same time as it was actually released)

That is, unless the world suddenly stops spinning two days before they reveal it and it becomes totally locked in place rotationally - where one half the Earth would roast away in scorching heat, while the other half dies of hypothermia and exposure to extreme cold - then "tomorrow" would never come, quite literally. (Because every living thing would be dead, and / or thrown from the planet's surface into outer space in it's sudden deceleration!) Then, we would never know the modular for 2022!

...On a lighter, related topic, here is a lesson I learned on one my favorite childhood TV shows that seems apt here:

Squidward: "Why do it today when you can do it tomorrow?"

Mr. Krabs: "What is Today, but Yesterday's Tomorrow?"

Now, if you'll excuse me, I now have a migraine from typing all this wibbely-wobbly timey-wimey stuff and need to lie down. :tongue:

Edited by Murdoch17

46 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Judging from how it's is ALWAYS "tomorrow" somewhere on the globe,

There is no place on the globe where it is tomorrow for the first people to experience today, just like there is no place where it is yesterday for the last to experience today.

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

Now, if you'll excuse me, I now have a migraine from typing all this wibbely-wobbly timey-wimey stuff and need to lie down. :tongue:

It would actually be today for some, and yesterday for others. 

Edited by Maple

Just to bring it back, ever so slightly, to modulars, I'm currently putting together Lego Artisan's SitComplex MOC of the various sitcom sets. It's really fun for the most part. The core of the excellent sitcom sets are retained, but then he's added details to complete it into a modular building. It's a different scale from the standard modulars - maybe more like the Ghostbusters' Firehouse or Home Alone. I do somewhat regret keeping all the sets in their original bags, plus separate bags for all the additional parts needed. But as I've been building it over several weeks, it felt like the easiest way to get it all out and put it all back again between building sessions.

51728253144_da3b7e1c03_k.jpg

P.S. It's tomorrow very soon. :laugh:

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Just to bring it back, ever so slightly, to modulars, I'm currently putting together Lego Artisan's SitComplex MOC of the various sitcom sets. It's really fun for the most part. The core of the excellent sitcom sets are retained, but then he's added details to complete it into a modular building. It's a different scale from the standard modulars - maybe more like the Ghostbusters' Firehouse or Home Alone. I do somewhat regret keeping all the sets in their original bags, plus separate bags for all the additional parts needed. But as I've been building it over several weeks, it felt like the easiest way to get it all out and put it all back again between building sessions.

P.S. It's tomorrow very soon. :laugh:

If you want something a little less ambitious, and more in the standard Modular footprint, BrickPolis put together an excellent Central Perk with the BBT apartment above it and rooftop wedding. https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-34463/BrickPolis/central-perk-big-bang-theory-modular/#details I kind of prefer the outside color and texture choices on his. 

Edited by Faefrost

Someone on a Norwegian LEGO Facebook group did a version of Cafe Corner but using Central Perk for ground floor interior and the Friends aparments above.

6 hours ago, Faefrost said:

If you want something a little less ambitious, and more in the standard Modular footprint, BrickPolis put together an excellent Central Perk with the BBT apartment above it and rooftop wedding. https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-34463/BrickPolis/central-perk-big-bang-theory-modular/#details I kind of prefer the outside color and texture choices on his. 

Thanks! I saw that too, and agree it's great. I went for Lego Artisan in the end because it's much easier to access, and my daughter loves to play with these. I want originally going to get the sitcom sets for to space, but keeping the 'openness' aspect, while still being able to stack them (saving space), was great.

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Is it today we will see the next Modular Building set?

Or is it still tomorrow

Siempre mañana, it seems 😂

The leaked description (triangular profiled hotel, wedged art gallery and staircase in between with tree atop) is accurate.

Lots of colour in this one.

Edited by alvinofdiaspar