Took me the better part of a week to build this and I love it. 8053 was one of my first technic sets when I started 2 years ago and I liked it but this blew that set out of the water! I did use paracord inner strands instead of the lego cord as I plan to keep this one assembled for a while and it isn't such a dust magnet and much stronger.

If I can afford picking up another one just for parts as it has a lot of great parts in it for the price I will be doing so.

hello from Canada...

we have the 42009 and have finished book 5...when we tryed the outriggers we can get them to come out from the body of the machine but when we cycle to the stablizers we get the front set going up and the back set going down..or vice versa when we go in reverse..

Any help????

sounds like you have one of the tan gears on the wrong side of the axle in the sliding rod setup. (Either the one in the body or the ones at the end of the 16 axles, both would result in this effect)

Edited by S.I

darth21.gif

Woah! This is something unexpected! But I think it is cool - I would love to have all of my instructions in this form.