Sign in to follow this  
Axle

Punny Adventurers Test film.

It's summer and that means I have time to do Brick films in between my thousand other projects! :grin:

So I've done this short test film to warm myself up, I'm wondering what to do next, a 2 minute long short film methinks! :classic:

Anywhoo, here's the film!

Please gimme constructive criticism! Thank you! I'm aware the lighting is awful, by the way :tongue:

Axle

Edited by Axle

Ok, judging from your title, you've done stop-motion animations a time or two before, but judging from the actual work....

Light-flicker, set bumping, choppy animation, fire overlay not motion-tracked to the footage, prop bumps, major lighting switch in a cut, Yeah...It's got the works.

Thing is, for a short this, well, short, it's got quite a few things that can easily be fixed.

But thankfully for you, somebody went to the time and effort to post a great lesson that teaches folks how to eliminate those flaws. :wink:

So, ignoring the flaws, what is the actual plot/story/dialogue like?

It didn't make that much sense. So, one person is there, another is swinging a pick ax, and a third took a picture of that action. The guy watching them then turns to his buddy and utters a normal, fine statement, but then laughs maliciously afterwards. Yeah, it's a pun, but a fairly weak one, and is used too much in real life (Ax for ask) for it to be that funny. It's funny that it's so near to your username, but that's it. There's no depth or explanation for anything, and while the premise may be fine, there wasn't enough build-up or pay-off to really make it memorable.

I'd like to see you work a bit more on eliminating those little production flaws, and then get a nice, solid and complete one-to-two minute short filmed. Simple puns can make funny videos, but they have to be done well to stand out among the abundant competition.

Good luck!