Sign in to follow this  
Rom1Kno

the mag train creation : scene 1

hi all

Im' posting here as i'm now creating a lil story for my steampunk train

you can see it here : http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=82776

so let's go

this story takes place in the early 20th century, at the beginning of the industrial era. Steam trains are crossing country for several years now, but they are slow. And here come our guy, georges "steam-man" steamerton. He is in the steam things since his childhood, and is now a true steam creator.

To meet some other inventors, he uses trains as his steam super car can't travel long enough. He always thought about some super train, traveling fast enough to crossing the country in only a few hours. But the biggest problem was that the wheels scratching on the rails were slowing the train, the loss of power and speed was really high.

So this thought: "hey why not trying something else, like if the train was not using rails anymore for traction but only as a guide. As he was an inventor, he had already tried some magnetic field production, but only for fun.

scene0minimagnet1.png

29864115.png

Now it was time to create a BIG one. So he worked, worked and worked again, and finally came up with one of the biggest and powerfull magnet ever seen.

so he buyed an old warehouse, restored it and began to work.

scene1magnetcreation0.png

scene1magnetcreation1.png

scene1magnetcreation2.png

scene1magnetcreation3.png

unfortunatly while working he lost a hand, quickly replaced by this awaiting to have enough money for something better

scene1magnetcreation4.png

so it's all for now, our guy is actually destructing the right part of his warehouse to build a rail way, because now he got his magnet, he needs a train coach to test it :D

Thx for watching, see ya folks !

Edited by Rom1Kno

That looks like the ultimate mad scientist´s lair. Or at least the budget version, which saves you costs for ridiculous experiments :tongue:. Plus, it´s kind of steampunk!

ahah thanks, that was the goal :D yay, i want it to be steampunk as it drirectly belongs to my steampunk train ;) it gonna have a steam engine to provide light and so on, but even if it's only digital it takes quite a long time :)

steamerton prefers spending his money in experiments such as steam super cars, what already costs him some scars, and a hand

would be overnice to customise the minifig as i want, with a chain watch, some more details, but LDD don't let me do what i want