Sign in to follow this  
Leewan

[MOC] 4487 Revamp

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello everyone ! I recently made a small Star Wars MOC, for a contest on the French-speaking forum Brickyfigs. Contestants had to revamp the set of their choice, among the Star Wars, The Lord of The Rings / The Hobbit, and Superheroes themes. I chose to modernize the 4487 set, which I had back when I was a kid. I really loved this set, the micro ships gave me a lot of fun. So I said to myself "If it was released today, what would it look like ?" And here is the result :

dscf8010.jpg

I quickly had the idea of a Planet-like set. As you can see, I reused several elements from official sets, like the asteroid field from the 75008 set, or the Jedi Starfighter and the decorated tile (I wish I made a custom one, but I lacked time :/ ) from the 75006. The JSF is slightly modified, I replaced the two black Brick, Modified 1 x 2 with Studs on 2 Sides by four dark red Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Headlight. The Slave I is inspired by the 20019 set, but heavily modified, to get a better shape. The structure is a bit fragile, but in the end, everything is quite strongly held. The arches ought to have been dark green, but because of my limited stock, I used olive green slopes, and I think it looks very good that way, so I'm glad I made this "forced choice". :laugh:

You can see all the pictures in the Brickshelf galery. I hope you will like it ; C&C are very welcome, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)