Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls: Chapter 2

So Durmudgelous has come by briefly without answering anything, instead choosing to try and steer us towards someone else.

Well 12 votes for me. I can close shop early today.

You know, I have this red lacrima powered plastic wand I found behind Burtgun & Buoobs. Since I don't know much about magic, I don't know how it works at night,I guess I never do now. So when ancient scrolls say there is always a reason for someone's actions, you better believe it.

This post is not consistent with someone who is town. Why give up so easily if you are a townie with a power role? More importantly, why suggest that you have a power role? A good townie would defend himself to the end and not reveal a potential reason to the scum to target them.

The above post came shortly before the spell was cast. I think he knew what was coming, because he and his scum-buddies had planned it together. Here he is suggesting to us that Wong is town:

Prior to the gladiatorial event we witnessed moments ago, Wong sent me a potato message describing the fix he was in and he would do whatever to prevent his bullocks from spontaneously combusting. This is consistent with whatever he said in this thread. Hence, I am inclined to believe that Wong has the truth for everyone and he is a Penis.

It makes sense to say Wong is trying to save his own butt. Town or scum, he is trying to save his own butt.

I should say given Day 1's fiasco, the vote on me seemed very unfavorable to me.

For the tide to turn over to Wong, or anyone else, would cause panic, Town or Scum regardless.

If Wong is Town, it would be a complete waste to be lynched without casting his spell, since he is a PR. So he had to reset the votes regardless. Is that a wise thing to cast it before observing how the votes turn out (because I did not cast my vote at that point and not everyone has voted)? I guess no.

If Wong is Scum, he has to cast it regardless and claim Town. For a scum to die on Day 1 would be a massive loss for the scum. Why not take the risk? And if he really flips scum, you guys would say he did that to save me and would drive a lynch on me. Fair enough. Exchange a town for scummy Wong? That's a pretty good deal I would say.

He's talking about Wong here, but not saying he's town, I think. It's a bit of a nonsensical post in my opinion.

Gertrude has already made it clear how she felt about that part of Durmudgelous' last post. In her response she also suggested that Wong and Durmudgelous are both scum:

My theory is logical: Two scum (that's you and Wang, if you can't figure it out) already have heat turned up on them, so Wang Glaiators himself and a scummy Penis. He claims immediately to gain Town cred, which simultaneously puts him in good with the town players and distracts attention from you, giving you more time to live. It would be a good plan.

I agree with her, but am also going to add Godric to this. We had this from Godric today:

I'm not exactly sure who to vote for. I've talked with Drumudgelous privately and I've come to a conclusion that he's a vanilla townie. As for Wong Wang, I think he's a scared townie, but I find him upsetting because of the action he has.

What if there's a chance that he's able to use the gladiator curse again? We weren't exactly confirmed that it was a one shot action. What if he's able to manipulate the vote every day? Therefore, I:

Vote: Wong Wang

I've never seen such an action used before so I'm not sure what the precedent is. All I know is that he caused the death of a townie yesterday and he's been odd today.

In this post, he claims to have spoken privately with Durmudgelous and concluded he's town. I've raised this one before, but I was focused on Godric voting for Wong despite thinking he is a "scared townie". This could be designed purely to keep his option open later to unvote Wong if needed. While Wong leads the vote tally by at least two votes, Godric's vote isn't going to be a deciding vote.

Which reminds me, I'm still waiting on responses from:

- Wong on what it was that Ariattny said that he found interesting

- Godric on why he is voting for Wong despite thinking he's a scared townie (if my theory above is incorrect)

- Orion about the PM(s) between him and Wong about the spell and claim by Wong

For me, I talked to Krup today in private more, and I gave him a chance to lie and he didn'T.

I don't believe you are part of this and you didn't actually claim to know he is town, but I would like to understand what was said or done here, because the implication here is that you think he is town.

I move that a scum would never use that spell at all.

I disagree - why give the scum this role if it's that unlikely that the scum would use it? Seems pointless.

Why not? Sure, late in the game it's likely to condemn the scum gladiator who uses it, but I already mentioned that yesterday was day one and people were not very consistent, and it effectively saved Wong's life. At least for one more day, as long as Wong doesn't get of the hook, but if someothing else had come up today, Wong would be fine and dandy by now. So why not use it?

Eeeeeek, eeeeeeeeeeek! Eeeeeeeeeeek!

Sorry, forgot this :blush:

Alright, I claimed the curse after I used it because I was scrambling. Really as simple as that. If I claimed it before I used it, would any of you really have believed me? I don't think so. If anything, I think you all would have tried to pressure me into using it, or the scum would realize my power and try to take me out, or they could form a campaign agaist me, saying that I could be a dedicated scum gladiator.

As for the interesting bit on Ariattny, all it is is just the things she says for the past few days, completely obvious things you all have heard.

Alright, I claimed the curse after I used it because I was scrambling. Really as simple as that. If I claimed it before I used it, would any of you really have believed me? I don't think so. If anything, I think you all would have tried to pressure me into using it, or the scum would realize my power and try to take me out, or they could form a campaign agaist me, saying that I could be a dedicated scum gladiator.

If youd claimed before you used it we could have all discussed it with you, and if youd felt we still weren't beliveing you then you could ahve used it to prove you had the role - same as you did yesterday but allowing us to provide some input first. And if you think we would have pressured you into using it, well maybe cause we don't know what might have happened, but you used it anyway so i dont see how things are different except if you'd been pressured you might have even had some of our input to guide you. :sceptic: So I don't think you've explained at all well why you did what you did, and you still havent replied to explain what happened with your opinion on Snarky changing so much overnight. :sceptic:

Waaaaaaiting for a staaaaaar to faaaaaaall, caaaarry you heeeeeeart into my aaarms, that's where yoooooouuuuuu belong, in my aaaaaaaaarrrrms baby yeeeeeeeaaaah! :sing:

and you still havent replied to explain what happened with your opinion on Snarky changing so much overnight. :sceptic:

I was reallu just doing some thinking about it.

I must say, this interrogation feels like it may be illegal to subtract something from one's own mind and then add a new variable in.

Alright, it's time to get off my lazy butt and make a wall.

I'm not exactly sure who to vote for. I've talked with Drumudgelous privately and I've come to a conclusion that he's a vanilla townie. As for Wong Wang, I think he's a scared townie, but I find him upsetting because of the action he has.

What if there's a chance that he's able to use the gladiator curse again? We weren't exactly confirmed that it was a one shot action. What if he's able to manipulate the vote every day? Therefore, I:

I actually asked him yesterday if this was a one-shot action, and said that he should claim in-thread if and only if he was vanilla at that time. He claimed, so I suppose he's vanilla now but he never gave me a straight answer about his remaining action(s) (if any)... Wong, tell everyone right now, are you now completely, 100% vanilla?

Although, in all seriousness, this is a scummy post. :laugh: "I feel like Wong's town, but I'm scared he might have another action, so let's kill him, hahaha!" - Godric the Goat Guy.

Godric, if he's "scared town", why is his ability to manipulate the vote a bad thing? He might not make the best choices, but I'd think a townie manipulating the vote is better than an odor eater manipulating it, wouldn't you agree?? :sceptic: Wong is a "scared townie" according to you, is he not???

Vote: Ariattny Sugarbottom

Some things you have said are a little... interesting... I"m voting for you to see what becomes of this. I know I'm town, and I know people don't believe me. But there are bigger things here than me (well, except for my wang).

Sigh. I always think to myself, "Man, Purplonia and the sheep dog might be right about Wong. Could the scum really have an action so OP? I don't like it. What if Wong's town??? I should unvote him". And then I see one of your posts and just can't do it. Why the hell are you voting for Arriattny? :hmpf:

I think the theory that Wang used his curse to get Krup out of trouble is bunk. Not quite as bad as "interludes tell us who has night actions" Krup's theory but still bunk.

I agree here. I can't see Krup as anything but overwhelmed town in over his head. Even if Wong ends up being an odor eater, I still can't see him using his action to save Krup. When he used it, people were switching from Krup to him by the dozens; the only "fresh" lynch that he could possibly get people to follow him on is Snarky. Of course, without claiming, that is. Yeah, like that was ever gonna happen. :laugh:

This is the reason that I am leaning towards Wong being scum. It makes a lot more sense to me for scum to use this spell early on when we're all still confused about who's who and no-one trust anyone 100%. To hold off using it would be riskier the longer you wait

It isn't just that, either. If Wong truly is/was the scum gladiator, his action wouldn't do the odor eaters any good once he was dead. (Unless the scum actions get passed down, but I could definitely see them wanting to use it now, even in that case.) It's not just that, either; these situations are all about momentum. If Wong is a scummo and we had killed him, that would have been a great start for the town; something the odor eaters want to prevent at all costs.

:look: Was this before or after he cast the spell?

After. He came to me after I voted Snarky and basically said "Hey, thanks for not voting for me. Let's rally other people into not voting for me!!!! :sweet:", to which I replied something along the lines of, "Why are you a penis?". He then claimed to me and I told him to claim in-thread if he didn't have any actions left

I'll strike out in my own direction, then, and offer up my suspect: Rutherford HablabbleBibble. Rutherford votes for Krup with the reasoning of "he shouldn't be let off the hook" even though he was let off the hook today. More importantly, however, is the implication and timing of this vote. Rutherford voted for Krup after Wong has been essentially convicted - tomorrow when (if) Wang flips town, he can pull an old "told you so".

I've actually had my eye on Rutherford B. Hayes since his vote for Krup and disappearance yesterday. I'd be cool with him today, to be honest.

I'm pretty sure Wong is town, but I'm actually considering voting for him so we can truly find out whether his curse was an OotP Curse or an OE curse.

And with that, I'm less sure about Wong being town, and I can see him being equally scum as town.

What the hell is wrong with you? :wall: You and Godric both vote for someone you think is town simply because you don't like his action. :hmpf: I don't even know how to read this, would scum be this blatantly contradictory??

If they had it, they'd use it. Whether or not they could have realistically had it is the question.

Looking around, I see that Orisie Kettleboildoubleandtrouble is quite removed today. Makes a beginning post commenting how bad yesterday was, "Snarky why have you forsaken us", and comments on who killed who. He doesn't come back until voting time and votes for Wang...under the easy reasoning that Wong has the wrong potato. And that's it from Orion so far today. Looking back at day one, he also didn't have much to say in the first half of the day, but contributed a little bit...Again, beginning post and then makes his vote (though certainly one with more substance than today's, and actually his largest contribution thus far this game). Subsequent posts aren't too substantive, though we do see at least a little opinion from him. He's a bit washy on Krup, votes for him (while also voicing suspicion on Snarky), but later is unsure, and eventually switches to Snarky, pre-provocarus spell. Votes again for Snarky, doubts Wongsters fakeclaimed the gladiator role, and saying the use of the gladiator role on Day 1 "one of the dumbest moves you can make". Somewhat suspicious about his thoughts on Snarky. Today, though, we've seen less from him...maybe he'll be more vocal the later half of the day than the first.

Yeah, I've been pretty reserved today. Part of it's been that I'm simply busy, and it's hard to make educated posts without following the conversation religiously. If you suspect me for today, that's fine. My activity today has definitely been lackluster, and I realize I wasn't the most active monkey yesterday, either.

However, your reasons for suspecting me for my substance yesterday are flawed. There's a difference between being wishy-washy and being unsure town. If anything, I think wishy-washy is exactly what the odor eaters don't want to go for on day 1.

Let's say I'm a big scary Odor Eater. Rawr, I eat odors. Okay, so, yeah, Odor Eater. I see Krup, and he's being voted for. There are two scenarios right now.

A. Krup is my partner and is getting himself lynched.

B. Krup is town/third party and is getting himself lynched.

If it's "A", my choices are either 1. bus into a possibly very bad position, or 2. discount his lynch altogether and vote someone else. If It's "B", I can either vote him and condemn a non-odor eater, or I can not vote him and say "I told you so!!!" the next day when he flips non-odor eater.

In none of these situations does an Odor Eater want to be wishy washy; especially A1/A2. Wishy-washiness about a partner on the block is a big scumtell; you don't want to bus, but at the same time you don't want to defend your partner. Knowing this, if I were an odor eater, would I really vote for him and then decide against it later on and vote for someone else?

Also, other things to note:

- At the time when I switched, people were switching to Wong. I'm pretty Wong was Lynch 1 at that point, not sure though.

- I typed up a post in which I wasn't going to vote for Krup, but I reread once more just to make sure I didn't get slapped on the wrist for getting some facts wrong and saw that he/Arriattny were both claiming that different things went on in PM. I may be the kind of monkey who second guesses a lot, but I'm not the type to discount "lynch all liars".

- I understand it can be hard to see the difference between second guessing and wishy-washiness, but true secondguessing is a towntell.

As for my opinion on Snarky, I don't get why you don't "like it". He said something that pinged me hardcore, so I voted for him. What's the big deal? :wacko:

Orion, what was the nature of how Wong came to claim to thee in private. Thou were not among those who were most active in casting accusations towards him. In fact, thou had cast thy vote first for Krup, and then for Snarky. It does seem odd that Wong wouldst seek advice from one such as thee. Tis common for one to seek to absolve themselves in private with an accuser, but thou were not such a foe.

He wanted to ally with me to get others to vote for Snarky.

If you're reading this, congrats, you just read my wall! :sweet:

It concerns me that people seem so hell bent on lynching Wong and implicating Krup in his doings. It appears, to me at least, that some people are orchestrating the removal of (two admittedly confused) Penises in one fell swoop, and after the town orchestrated the removal of a Penis yesterday, that's not good. I'm talking about those who seem convinced that Wong and Krup are town. Firuz Fox, for one, will not let Krup rest, and Attrianny too... though as I said, her aggression just reminds me of other aggressive players in the past, who can very much be stubborn town.

I don't understand why people think that Wong and Krup are scum together. Think of a the impossibility of that. Seriously. Even their defense for each other totally negates that theory. You think Wong used that curse to protect Krup? Why? It would very clearly be dangerous to Wong that day, and Krup would still be in question the next day. If the scum can pass around actions on death (which they can) why would they favor saving Krup over Wong, or vice versa? It makes no sense.

Everyone seems hell-bent on one of those folks today, but I think its the wrong choice. I'll be watering my flowers and waiting for tomorrow when maybe we'll have clearer heads and be willing to look for Odor Eaters. Firuz Foxtail, Godric and Gertrude GoatPun, Rutherford - I've got my eye on all you people.

I agree with you when your talking about animals like Godric who votes for Wong even though he says he thinks hes a penis, but a penis can never be sure someone is an odor eater. Do you know he will flip penis tomorrow? :look: Who do you suggest we lynch instaed?

I am not sure, I have no potato messages and my only clues as to towniness or scuminess are in these threads.

I looked back and found some interesting facts from yesterday's vote when compared to today's

First:

Dillpickle was using words such as "sinister" and "deceiptful" to characterize Krup yet today he is ready to vote for Wong without having said anyhting, or barely anything, about Krup

2nd:

Gertrude yesterday said this:

Wow. This just about confirms Krup as scum for me. I speak up to get the bandwagon back on track, and somebody gladiators two scummy guys to protect him. Geez. :hmpf:Vote: Wong Wang. He was just buddying up to me ten seconds ago and has been sheeping around all day.

and then this:

Ugh. Waste of a gladiator, you should have waited and I'd have pulled your megablocks out of the fire and gotten Krup lynched. Unvote: Wong Wang, Vote: Snarky Snickerpuss

These 2 statements to me indicate that she was sure of Krup's scuminess; she was confident enough in her assertion that he was scum that she felt it was possible for her to sway the vote towards Krup to spare Wong. Today whom did Gertrude vote for .... Krup!!! NOT! Wong!

WTF? if you are so convinced that Krup is scum why did you not vote for him today?

Here are your 2 posts for the day:

This one where you cats your vote:

Hey, stupid. Surprised to see you here this morning, guess our vig is incompetent or was blocked. Way to go, reading into joke interludes while subtly incriminating me at the same time! "Herp a derp, I bet Gertrude has a real good night action because she appeared in an interlude! Someone should totes kill her!" I guess you being next to a toilet in today's interlude must mean you're an Odor eater, because toilets are stinky, and Odor Eaters eat stink. :sarcasm:

Does this answer your question? I think that Wang is probably scum who Gladiatored to take pressure off Krup and put it onto Snarky when things turned south, then claimed immediately to establish Town cred due to Gladiator being more statistically likely to be Town than Scum. By that theory, they're both Scum, so I'll let you guys drive this bandwagon and I'll Vote: Wong Wang as long as you promise me that Krup gets lynched tomorrow if the vig is still not getting his head in the game.

And this one follwing Krup's calling you out:

If you think I made the scummiest post today, you obviously haven't been listening to the words coming out of your own mouth. First, before I even get to your baseless accusations of me, you have already said something stupid. "Exchange a Town for a scummy Wong? Sounds like a good deal to me." NO. Do you even hear the shit you are spewing? One for one Town-Mafia trades are never good for the Mafia. Nevernevernever. I honestly think you're being stupid on purpose because there is no way someone who passed Mafia School could be this obtuse. :hmpf:

Then your first point against me... Is that I was role playing? My name is Gertrude Tincanchew for a reason. I chew on things. I was incorporating role play into my attacks on you, was that not obvious enough for you? Maybe you need glasses. :hmpf: I didn't say I have enough to chew on, as in a metaphor for being busy, I meant that I literally chew things. You should try reading some of my other posts, I think I've chewed on something in st least three of them if you count my confirmation post.

Not finding scum? Did a pretty good job finding you, didn't I? If I take pressure off of you and apply it to other people, it's obvious that your stupid facade will trick them into letting you derp away back to your scumbuddies. It was happening yesterday. It's happening today. You deserve a lynch, so I will make sure you get one.

And your third point is that I'm bandwagoning while threatening the town in order to fly under the radar. I don't even wut? I voted for Wang because a lynch for you is unlikely today due to the attention Wang brought onto himself yesterday. It would be fruitless for me to try to shift the lynch onto you, so why should I if I think Wang is scum, too? One scum is as good as another to me, my world doesn't revolve around you. I just caught you first. :wink: My theory is logical: Two scum (that's you and Wang, if you can't figure it out) already have heat turned up on them, so Wang Glaiators himself and a scummy Penis. He claims immediately to gain Town cred, which simultaneously puts him in good with the town players and distracts attention from you, giving you more time to live. It would be a good plan. Also, I certainly threatened the Town very well. "Ooh, if you don't vote for Krup, I won't vote for the guy who's probably going to be lynched anyway! That'll teach you!" Great going, Einstein.

Finally, you point out my obvious slip up. Oh dear. How could I have been so foolish as to rally the town towards a lynch on the scummiest guy around? Only evil people think to lynch the obvious scum! If I wanted to be Town, I should act more like you, by misspelling the word "stuped" and making random accusations based on joke interludes and roleplaying while also cluttering day threads with pointless posts made of only crap and fluff. You've caught me! Lynch me now, for I must be Scum! :sarcasm:

Now, you probably made that post just to bait me into unvoting Wang and voting for you, both spreading the votes more thinly so as to help avoid a lynch on you or your scumbuddy while also giving you cannon fire against me, namely wishy-washy voting. Bravo, actually. I am legitimately impressed by your subtlety. Unfortunately, while I am aggressively pursuing you, my tunnel vision doesn't blind me to completely. I have a brain, I intend to use it. :wink:

By the time you voted for Wong there were already more than enough votes for him to be lynched, yours was not necessary and as such you should have voted for the person you thought was the most scummy and based on your allegations from yesterday, Wong is not that person!

Your vote, and it's justification, today are not consistent with your vote from yersterday, so much so that it make me want to Vote:Gertrude Tincanchew

The gladiator action doesn't make a lot of sense to have for a third party in my eyes. You sound very wishywahsy on Wong, almost as if you know if he's a penis or an odor eater and dont want to vote for him.

Fact is I don't know for sure about Wong and I can't get a read on him? If it sounds like I don't want to vote for him, it's because I don't? I still have a much stronger feeling about Durmudgelous and, as I believe I've said, I don't want to let him off the hook just yet?

And if I sound wishywashy, perhaps it's because I can only speak in questions?

Barkonius, earlier you stated something pretty heavily, why don't you respond to the questions raised at that statement?

I'm not going to quote everything again, but I will continue where I left off. After Wong initiated the curse, he went on to make a really odd post that looks to me like he's trying to make Krup out to be suspicious. Uhm... What? Surely Snarky was his highest target since that's who he chose?

If he did indeed just use it, to save his life, which worked? Who would he choose? The one that had the most votes, or the other one? Several people went on about how it must be a townie thing. Scum buddies backing him up?

A bit later, he makes another post, this time explaining that it was him and why he did it. It may very well just be my imagination, but the post looks to be in a slightly different tone than the rest. I will quote this one because it's very relevant. What do you think?

So, there's a story i would like to tell everyone.

There was this old batshit crazy guy who liked his dog so much he had papers filed for the dog to have seats on the Alien Overlord's ship. Now, this dog was insane, just like the owner. Well, this dog was getting voted for something or another, but then, some bear came out of nowhere with votes and there was a big mess of problems and then somebody put some weird time machine vortex and then the catch was the person who set the vortex could only choose themself and another, so that person chose a gecko to vote against and it turns out the gecko was evil.

Moral? The numbers were not in my favor so I set the curse to reset votes. Stupid idea for Day 1, I know, but I would like to live. I chose Snarky because he is up to something. A scum gladiator would not use this unless he knew for certain everybody would vote for the other person if he was clearly winning in the first place.

That is not my case.

I am town.

I am Wong Wang, mathemetician extraordinaire.

The: "stupid idea, I know" was never there, and we've never seen it since. He did not explain why he hadn't used it after explaining shit. By this post and the fact that he made two posts after using it, before explaining it, we know he was somehow forced to explain. Either by teammates since Wong was still on track of being lynched, or simply from the fact that if Snarky came up town, he'd definitely be lynched today so we'd know it must have been him that did it. Funnily enough, the fact that he came forward with this did save his life. After this, a lot of people came up and quickly voted Snarky, creating a bandwagon. I come back to the people saying it must be a town thing. Why? Seriously, why would it be?

The rest of the ordeal is that Wong refuses to adress any points raised at him for the longest time. Comes back to agree with the others that Snarky isn't putting up much of a defense. A real shame, Snarky. I believe that if you did, perhaps you could have lived. I ask him then to respond to his points, which he does barely. He states he thought Krup was weird, and continues to say that he thinks Snarky is suspicous because he is not providing a defense. Hold on, I have some major time line issues here... :wacko: Come on Wang... When called out on not responding at all, he says Krup is now too bumbling and stumbling to be town, a direct departure from what he said earlier. He also says a voice in his head said he should pick Snarky. Do Odor Eaters communicate via telepathy?

Anyway, that's all I can say, I guess. I feel Wong has bearely (sorry) provided any defense for himself, continues to be insulting to the town in various ways, and is just genuinely unhelpful. This doesn't make him scum. Everything added up together does. If he flips scum, we have some very, very good leads for the following days. At this point, I personally don't see any better candidates for lynching.

Pfew, that were like, eleven points.

After giving it some thought, I think I'm going to keep my vote on Wong because it will give us lots of new information for tomorrow. I think it'd be better to lynch him and actually get new leads rather than lynch someone else and have almost no new info. Although, like I said before, I still find Firuz, Godric, and Sugarbottom to be very odd. At least Sugarbottom's helping and expressing her opinion though, unlike Godric and Firuz who seem to only speak when asked to.

I am not sure, I have no potato messages and my only clues as to towniness or scuminess are in these threads.

I looked back and found some interesting facts from yesterday's vote when compared to today's

First:

Dillpickle was using words such as "sinister" and "deceiptful" to characterize Krup yet today he is ready to vote for Wong without having said anyhting, or barely anything, about Krup

2nd:

Gertrude yesterday said this:

and then this:

These 2 statements to me indicate that she was sure of Krup's scuminess; she was confident enough in her assertion that he was scum that she felt it was possible for her to sway the vote towards Krup to spare Wong. Today whom did Gertrude vote for .... Krup!!! NOT! Wong!

WTF? if you are so convinced that Krup is scum why did you not vote for him today?

Here are your 2 posts for the day:

This one where you cats your vote:

And this one follwing Krup's calling you out:

By the time you voted for Wong there were already more than enough votes for him to be lynched, yours was not necessary and as such you should have voted for the person you thought was the most scummy and based on your allegations from yesterday, Wong is not that person!

Your vote, and it's justification, today are not consistent with your vote from yersterday, so much so that it make me want to Vote:Gertrude Tincanchew

Have I not explained this in the post you just quoted? If the town is divided on a lynch (I.e., those who think Wong is Scum all vote for him and those [like me] who think Krup is scummiest all vote for him), then neither will have as individually high a vote count, making it easier for the scum to take the lynch off of them if they convince only a few people to switch their votes. If, seeing as I believe both of them are scum at the moment, I "bandwagon" with the rest of the town onto Wong, then my extra vote is insurance should somebody take their vote off at the last minute. I'm playing for the good of the town by insuring we get a lynch on a guy we want, not like what happened yesterday when people started to get confused by Krup and took votes off of him to the point that he wasn't going to be lynched. If I try to lead a lynch on Krup today, something similar is likely to happen. If we decisively vote as a united whole, even against our secondary suspects (so long as we firmly believe them to be scum, or course), then we will get things done.

Have I not explained this in the post you just quoted? If the town is divided on a lynch (I.e., those who think Wong is Scum all vote for him and those [like me] who think Krup is scummiest all vote for him), then neither will have as individually high a vote count, making it easier for the scum to take the lynch off of them if they convince only a few people to switch their votes. If, seeing as I believe both of them are scum at the moment, I "bandwagon" with the rest of the town onto Wong, then my extra vote is insurance should somebody take their vote off at the last minute. I'm playing for the good of the town by insuring we get a lynch on a guy we want, not like what happened yesterday when people started to get confused by Krup and took votes off of him to the point that he wasn't going to be lynched. If I try to lead a lynch on Krup today, something similar is likely to happen. If we decisively vote as a united whole, even against our secondary suspects (so long as we firmly believe them to be scum, or course), then we will get things done.

You know, I said something similar to that yesterday and people thought I was insane?

I was leaning towards Wong being scum earlier and haven't seen anything from him to convince me he's town, so:

I would have liked to hear from Durmudgelous and Godric before casting this vote, but its getting closer to the end of the day.

vote tally

Drubulum Pank: 5 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty)

Ariattny Sugarbottom: 6 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, Wong Wang)

Orion Kettleboil: 5 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty)

Wong Wang: 13 votes (Drubulum Pank, Lulu Pittoolo, Belinda Bugglesby, Godric Goaty-Blather, Orion Kettleboil, Timly Dimplebop, Bartholomew Bearbutt, Gertrude Tincanchew, Catalina Kittywhisker, Ariattny Sugarbottom, Langston Lionheart, Twatty Tittlesteen, Firuz Foxtail)

Timly Dimplebop: 1 vote (Helena Hippopaw)

Durmudgelous Krup: 2 votes (Nicholas Dickory, Rutherford Hablabble-Bibble)

Rutherford Hablabble-Bibble: 1 vote (Barkonius Twitch)

Gertrude Tincanchew: 1 vote (Purplonia Pink)

12 hours remain in Day Two.

Mod note: While you will still have the full 20 hour Night Action deadline, I will accept Night Actions now if you are ready with them. Thank you.

I actually asked him yesterday if this was a one-shot action, and said that he should claim in-thread if and only if he was vanilla at that time. He claimed, so I suppose he's vanilla now but he never gave me a straight answer about his remaining action(s) (if any)... Wong, tell everyone right now, are you now completely, 100% vanilla?

Although, in all seriousness, this is a scummy post. :laugh: "I feel like Wong's town, but I'm scared he might have another action, so let's kill him, hahaha!" - Godric the Goat Guy.

Godric, if he's "scared town", why is his ability to manipulate the vote a bad thing? He might not make the best choices, but I'd think a townie manipulating the vote is better than an odor eater manipulating it, wouldn't you agree?? :sceptic: Wong is a "scared townie" according to you, is he not???

His ability to manipulate a vote could be disastrous. What's to stop him from simply rigging the vote every day? It's not like he has to listen to us if he creates a gladiator vote again. He could just keep on manipulating the vote as he wishes, especially if he's allied with the scum or if he's some sort of a neutral. You can bet the scum would want to recruit him and protect him at night.

Secondly, I'm not sure if he's a scared townie or not. I might be wrong. He might be the scummiest person in this game or he might be the saintliest townie. Or he might even be completely neutral. We don't know and we will only know if we vote him out.

Why are you defending him so vehemently? You yourself voted for him.

I'm not changing my vote and I'm sticking by my justification. That role is dangerous and should be removed as quickly as possible. I wouldn't trust him if he said to us that it was a one-shot action.

Secondly, I'm not sure if he's a scared townie or not. I might be wrong. He might be the scummiest person in this game or he might be the saintliest townie. Or he might even be completely neutral. We don't know and we will only know if we vote him out.

Way to go over every single possibility. :hmpf_bad: How about you answer this: What do you think Wong is? And no, I don't want you to explain your vote for him because of his role. What do you really think he is, because you seem to be avoiding that question.

Yeah, I've been pretty reserved today. Part of it's been that I'm simply busy, and it's hard to make educated posts without following the conversation religiously. If you suspect me for today, that's fine. My activity today has definitely been lackluster, and I realize I wasn't the most active monkey yesterday, either.

Yeah, it ain't easy following every thread of thought and be analytical of everything, though your absence today was concerning, but your post here is reassuring!
However, your reasons for suspecting me for my substance yesterday are flawed. There's a difference between being wishy-washy and being unsure town. If anything, I think wishy-washy is exactly what the odor eaters don't want to go for on day 1.

Well, sometimes scum will take the middle ground, but you're right on day 1 it's more of a risk.

Let's say I'm a big scary Odor Eater. Rawr, I eat odors. Okay, so, yeah, Odor Eater. I see Krup, and he's being voted for. There are two scenarios right now.

A. Krup is my partner and is getting himself lynched.

B. Krup is town/third party and is getting himself lynched.

If it's "A", my choices are either 1. bus into a possibly very bad position, or 2. discount his lynch altogether and vote someone else. If It's "B", I can either vote him and condemn a non-odor eater, or I can not vote him and say "I told you so!!!" the next day when he flips non-odor eater.

In none of these situations does an Odor Eater want to be wishy washy; especially A1/A2. Wishy-washiness about a partner on the block is a big scumtell; you don't want to bus, but at the same time you don't want to defend your partner. Knowing this, if I were an odor eater, would I really vote for him and then decide against it later on and vote for someone else?

Also, other things to note:

- At the time when I switched, people were switching to Wong. I'm pretty Wong was Lynch 1 at that point, not sure though.

- I typed up a post in which I wasn't going to vote for Krup, but I reread once more just to make sure I didn't get slapped on the wrist for getting some facts wrong and saw that he/Arriattny were both claiming that different things went on in PM. I may be the kind of monkey who second guesses a lot, but I'm not the type to discount "lynch all liars".

- I understand it can be hard to see the difference between second guessing and wishy-washiness, but true secondguessing is a towntell.

Well, I wasn't saying you were with Krup, especially since I personally think he's town (or at least not OE), but you cover it all pretty well. I see B as the more likely option, out of the two (not forgetting the option you're town, either :wink: ). I think around when you switched, only 4 or so people voted for Wong and he had those penalties, he was just one below Krup, I believe. Being so close to leading the lynch, voting Snarky would help not add another vote for Wong, and then it was an obvious Snarky vote post-provocarus spell. It's a bit suspicious looking. Could just be coincidence, though...that can happen sometimes.
As for my opinion on Snarky, I don't get why you don't "like it". He said something that pinged me hardcore, so I voted for him. What's the big deal? :wacko:
Well, the issue I had with it is that it can be seen that you were going off at a slight tangent from Krup to also make Snarky suspicious (which it makes sense for an OE not to focus too much on one person). It's not something easily seen, but I just noticed you commented so little today, which made me analyze your comments a bit more, and the thought came across my mind.

Though, I do appreciate your replying to my comments, unlike Wong.

Alright, it's time to get off my lazy butt and make a wall.

Otheres had some interesting things about Godric to say too. He's started pinging me.

His ability to manipulate a vote could be disastrous. What's to stop him from simply rigging the vote every day? It's not like he has to listen to us if he creates a gladiator vote again. He could just keep on manipulating the vote as he wishes, especially if he's allied with the scum or if he's some sort of a neutral. You can bet the scum would want to recruit him and protect him at night.

Why are you defending him so vehemently? You yourself voted for him.

I'm not changing my vote and I'm sticking by my justification. That role is dangerous and should be removed as quickly as possible. I wouldn't trust him if he said to us that it was a one-shot action.

This is so dumb :hmpf_bad: The role is usually (if used at all) a one-shot thing. With not much time left, Wang hasn't used it again. Dumb dumb dumb.

Unvote: Timly Dimplebop

Vote: Godric Goaty-Blather

We have a chance to turn things around, and vote out someone who has actually been scummy, insyead of someone who half the people voting think are town. I still think Timly is scummy, but nobody else thinks so :cry_sad: ALL TOWN who voted Wang, change your vote to Godric. Top vote gets lynched, not majority, so we can change the vote if we want to. ALL SCUM, leave your vote and we can pick you off tomorrow :grin:

Honestly, even though I said we could get information from lynching Wong, I have to say that I'd love to turn around the vote. But I don't think it's possible at this point, there's not enough time and I don't think people will be convinced to change their votes. Other people that I think have been acting more scummy than Wong are mainly Godric and Firuz. Firuz, like I said before, has mainly only been talking when asked too and Godric seems like he knows that Wong is Town but doesn't want to say it (and when he does say it he says that he should just be lynched because of the curse). Sugarbottom is also suspicious to me because she always makes these big accusations towards Wong and then at the end of most of them she says that she's not saying he's scum. And then there's her changing opinion on Wong's affiliation too. Like I said though, I'd love to turn the vote around but I don't think we can. But it's worth a try. Unvote: Wong Wang

Vote: Godric Goaty-Blather

So Durmudgelous has come by briefly without answering anything, instead choosing to try and steer us towards someone else.

This post is not consistent with someone who is town. Why give up so easily if you are a townie with a power role? More importantly, why suggest that you have a power role? A good townie would defend himself to the end and not reveal a potential reason to the scum to target them.

The above post came shortly before the spell was cast. I think he knew what was coming, because he and his scum-buddies had planned it together. Here he is suggesting to us that Wong is town:

He's talking about Wong here, but not saying he's town, I think. It's a bit of a nonsensical post in my opinion.

Gertrude has already made it clear how she felt about that part of Durmudgelous' last post. In her response she also suggested that Wong and Durmudgelous are both scum:

I will illiterate again. If you read correctly in that post, I said I don't know how to cast any magic (i.e. vanilla).

Since Day 1, I always thought you were Town, a stubborn Town. But I did a lot of thinking and you did stand out today. You are acting scummy, but not overly scummy enough to get the lynch. If everyone still don't see why you are hell-bent on trying to get me lynched, I do. You are trying to get someone's attention. Only a few people would want to do that.

Vote: Gertrude Tincanchew

Though, I do appreciate your replying to my comments, unlike Wong.

Which ones did I miss, Langston? I feel like I have adressed everyone, or have adressed questions similar to theirs.

Wow, just wow! You think he's a scared townie with an action that you don't like and are afraid he'll use every day? That's your reason to vote for him? Seriously, if he actually is a townie and somehow the role is reuseable and not one-shot, then I'm sure he wouldn't continue to use the role for nonsense, hopefully. This is a really, really pitiful reason to vote the way you did. I mean, Wong has been acting scummy all day today and all day yesterday, and yet you settle on this as your reason to vote for him? Great job, buddy! :sarcasm:

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't so right now I'll cast my vote towards somebody who hasn't been talking a lot. This vote is just to get them talking, and I will unvote when they are talking both more frequently, and when I am more-so convinced as of now that Wong is an Odor Eater. This person has talked today, but not a lot that I have noticed.

Vote: Firuz Foxtail

Maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit of an odd thing to vote for someone just to get them talking on Day 2. On Day 1 it's somewhat acceptable, but Day 2?

(I have noticed that your changed your vote, but this still seems a bit odd to me)

...I provided my reasoning for not being as suspicious of quiet ones as well. Yes, so far I have been one of the quietest, but I know I am OotP and can see that perhaps other quieter ones could also be OotP.

:snicker: Diggin' this comment.

You're really exhibiting some scummy behaviour there, Timly. Still can't say you've done anything to lessen my suspicions of you.