Sabretache

Redwall Abbey MOC

Helo, I am Sabretache, this is my first MOC that is of any significance, it is Redwall Abbey, featured in the books of Brian Jacques. In 1998 there was a television series based on the first book in his series of twenty-two, Redwall. I am building the abbey as seen on the show, it is almost completely inaccurate from the building described in the books, but there were pictures, so as I am a fairly new MOCer I opted for the one from the show, I will probably build a book-accurate version later once I am done with this. I have extremely limited parts at my house, so I am designing it in LDD.

Here is where I am so far:

An overview

The cellars

Cavern Hole

The tombs of Martin and Germaine

and the Stairs

I hope you like this, I will update soon.

Oh my, sorry I'll try to fix that, sorry!

I would suggest uploading them to someplace like Flickr. There's not very much attachment space allowed here on EB. It's far easier to upload them someplace else and insert the images in your post. See my signature for links to tutorials.

Haven't read the books but did see several episodes of the series, it was very well done. Looking forward to seeing the MOCs!

read nearly the whole series, wanting to do some MOCs of them, as soon as I get animals! awaiting to see your MOC!

Saber-

I suggest instead of trying to attach or upload pictures on this site, you upload the pictures to another site like Flickr then link the pictures here. If you get them up on a picture hosting site, I can help you get them linked to this post.

Thank you for the links and advice, I feel so stupid. I will have the pictures fixed as soon as I can. I hate it when I make a mistake like that online, it makes me feel like I've done something horribly wrong, but then the people are so friendly, I feel stupid afterwords.

Well I finally am getting the pictures on, sorry it took so long, I have been a bit busy lately, so...

I am using the "sand red" color for the walls, the Abbey in the books is made of red sandstone, so I thought it looked fairly good.

The Cellars (I have taken off the taps of the upright barrels, they interfere with the celing)

screen_shot_2013-04-24_at_7.46.56_am.jpg

The Seven Stairs 'Twixt Hall And Cavern Hole

screen_shot_2013-04-24_at_7.48.21_am.jpg

Cavern Hole (Where the Minifig closest to the bottom is, is where the kitchen will be)

screen_shot_2013-04-24_at_7.48.54_am.jpg

Martin The Warrior's Tomb

screen_shot_2013-04-24_at_7.49.12_am.jpg

Some More Cellar Space That Leads To Germain's Tomb

screen_shot_2013-04-24_at_7.47.44_am.jpg

Thank you for being patient, and sorry for double-posting.

Edited by Sabretache

So far I'm liking what I see, although I must admit I didn't expect it to be minifig scale. Keep it up.

Only three more pics, but there has been some good progress.

An overview

screen_shot_2013-05-31_at_7.47.38_am.jpg

the front door

screen_shot_2013-05-31_at_7.48.02_am.jpg

Where the kitchens will be

screen_shot_2013-05-31_at_7.49.44_am.jpg