Sign in to follow this  
Captain Settle

Minifigure Ranks

Did anyone ever give ranks to each specific colored classic space minifig, or any other theme for that matter? Please post them here.

Interesting question...

I always loved the blue spacemen and placed them at the top of my ranks. Thinking back on it I'm sure this was becasue blue was one of my favourite colours, and I think I considered them "exclusive" as I only ever had 1 or 2 in my collection!

There's a similar post in the Neo Classic Space flickr group focusing on space minifig uniform colors:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/neoclassicspace/discuss/72157624715820247/

I ranked black at the top as for me they were most rare, then blue, then yellow, white and at the bottom red. But yet in my space comic, a red, a black and a white astronaut were all commanders and a blue was captain. I guess I changed it because my favorite astronaut is the black one, and I didn't want him in command. I guess most people would either put the most rare in command, or their favorite. For me it was both.

Edited by Captain Settle

Yes, I did, but not so much the different colors. I always pictured them as from different units or factions, but within them they had ranks and I used those little epaulets that came in some sets, like the pirate themes.

In fact I still do it today with some. My ADU troopers have some of them with the male and female (The pink CMF.) troopers being depicted that way. The heavier armored ones (From the CMF range.) have different colored helmets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrw-amen/8645986255/in/photostream

No matter what your preference is, make sure you always bring a red space minifig on away missions...

This just to me is right: that yellow is at the bottom of the ranks. For some reason I just think that. Red should be like a pilot or something of that sort. And white should be the commander.

Although I currently don't own any classic space, this is what I always though of each color as:

Black- commanders

Blue- air support

Red- medical

White- mechanics

Yellow- ground support

While not pertaining directly to the above question. I did have a generalized system among my city workers, either by uniform color or my uniform type. From police and construction to racing. When I was a kid playing with LEGO I didn't have any firefighters, but they to would have had their Chief as well. So that said, I'm sure I would have done the same with Space figs... Probably very similar, if not the same to The_Creator's list :classic:

No matter what your preference is, make sure you always bring a red space minifig on away missions...

Ha! Is that because the red guy always dies? I feel like I heard that on Family Guy or Robot Chicken :laugh::classic: