awesome iron throne, so close to the TV version. Great! I just hope though, Lego doesn't feel inspired by this to buy the GOT licence!

Lego doesn't feel inspired by this to buy the GOT licence!

Why's that? ASOIAF has so many great and divers buildings that beg to be made by Lego.

yeah true, but honestly, I can't stand the flesh colors and I think licences destroy the original lines since all the innovation is put into these new topics. The castle 2013 line is a prime example for this . Plus, all licenced sets are way overpriced. And anyway, we can always build mocs!

yeah true, but honestly, I can't stand the flesh colors and I think licences destroy the original lines since all the innovation is put into these new topics. The castle 2013 line is a prime example for this . Plus, all licenced sets are way overpriced. And anyway, we can always build mocs!

I can understand people disliking TLG's resources being focused on licensed themes because they prefer the classic ones but licensed sets are not more expensive. I don't know why so many people think they are.

I have never seen an episode of GOT but after Googling some reference material, I'm even more impressed by this MOC than I was to begin with. Top notch stuff! (Maybe I should finally cave in and get the books...)

Edited by Str0ngbad

...only if you have a lot time and patience. The first 300 pages of GoT were hard for me, but after that I could not put it away and I have loved all the sequels.

The TV show is not bad really, and fairly close to the books as far as I have seen it (season 3 has not yet aired in my country, so please no spoilers). So in case you lack time and patience you can go for the TV show.

On topic of licenses... they are a two-edged sword really. We must not forget the SW-license was pivotal in saving TLG and they are doing a very good job doing the license justice. Take a look at Hasbro's failed Clone Wars line, and you'll see what I mean. For example Lego may have erred in the Barrel Escape being to early, but Hasbro always took literary a year to come up with the characters seen in the TV show; add to it poor overall character selection and ever decreasing quality in material, paint and articulation and the demise of that line was easily foreseeable.

Long story short, as long as TLG keeps up it's good work on the licensed lines I am ok with it.