Sign in to follow this  
trawetSluaP

Issue with 42000. Help please!

Hi again all,

Got this set today and just finished building. Overall very impressed, however I have a small issue. When pushing 42000 along the ground there is a strange clicking and the rear wheels aren'r turning the engine. When I put the model nose up, the rear wheels drive the engine.

I really don't want to dismantle this model as I have only just finished building! Has anyone else run into this issue and/or know a solution?

Check the differential gear. I have put more in the wrong way than I can count!

I was very careful when building that part and it correct. It actually seems as if something is blocking, or preventing the engine from turning.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi,

It could be a bush or something obstructing a gear. Check your gears, use a torch and a pen, point and shine as you go through the parts. i'm sure you will fix it.

H

Ok, thanks for the input guys. I guess if I don't fix it I have the perfect excuse to dismantle and build the B model. If only the Unimog wasn't arriving tomorrow. It's a hard life!

I have fixed the issue thanks to your help! The axel that turned the pistons had come loose, however I believe there is still an issue. More force that I would consider normal is required to push the model along. I think maybe a gear or bush is too tight. Again, something I can rectify after building the B model!

Edited by trawetSluaP

Ya I had the same problem. The differential gear fell out after I drove it back and forth trying to figure out what the noise was. I then put it back in and the problem was fixed! P.S. I just put it together today so I don't know if the problem will come back

Did you insert the 2L axle in the opposite side of the engine shaft? I almost missed that.