Hello! I would like to present you my uruk-hai army. I plan to build an army of 100 uruk-hai, divided into different units like swordsmen, pikemen, crossbow-men, sappers, berserkers, captains, standard-bearers and general. First unit is "Uruk-hai Swordsmen". I have 10 figs now, the planned number of swordsmen is 25. I´m still waiting for the pieces from one BL store, so please, be patient, until I´ll show you the next unit (or should I use the "troop"? :)).

swordsmen_01.png

swordsmen_012.png

Edited by ZCerberus

This would probably go better in the army thread since it's not a MOD or MOC of any sort, just army pictures?

Edited by Deathleech

Well...it´s the same thing as the Izmael10´s project with his Gondorian army. Me, Izmael10 and other guy (who is building the army of Rohan) know each other from the Czech forum www.kostky.org. The concept is to build an army of different units as they appeared in the movies (for Uruk-hai - the scouts, pikemen, swordsmen, sappers etc.). As I wrote before, I´m now waiting for some pieces to complete the other units, so I posted just the first - the swordsmen. And I would like to have all the units in my thread (ease to display - easy to find), I think that moving the pictures to the army thread (did you mean this one - "Show your LOTR pictures and armies"?) is not good idea, because in next weeks I´ll post other units and the concept could be too fragmented. But when the army will be finished, I could post the photo of the whole army to that thread. I hope you will understand my English and my opinions. :)

Edited by Mr. Cube

That's fine, I was just suggesting putting it in the army picture thread because (so far at least) you haven't really done any sort of MODing or anything different with the Uruk-hai, they look to be the exact same as you get them from the official sets. The Gondor Soldier thread is a little different since he is mixing and matching various pieces to present a Gondor themed army.

What do you plan on doing with the other unit types? Will you simply be swapping weapons, or creating more custom looking Uruk-hai with different heads, armor, torsos, etc. than the ones from the official LotR Lego sets

Edited by Deathleech

These swordsmen look same as you get them from the official sets because I think they are good like that. I don´t see what I could improve on them (exept the arms, maybe, because they are not armored - so maybe I´ll replace them with the grey ones). For the other uruk types, I will be swapping original LEGO weapons, heads and I plan some custom helmets, becouse in official sets there is only one uruk-hai helmet type (and for the berserker they just only printed the helmet on a head! :sceptic: ).