Stinky

Hello from The Netherlands!

Hi,

My name is Jan Folkersma and this is my first post here. So I live in Holland (aka The Netherlands) in a small village

near Breda in the south of this small country. Born in 1966 (yes I'm that old) I was brought up with Lego. I think the

first set my parents got me was the 331.

0331-1.jpg

Much later, for my 8th birthday I got the 12Volt 723 locomotive.

0723-1.jpg

A few years later I bought with my own money the first Technic sets 850 and 853.

0853-1.jpg

Then I left my parents house to go to University and went into my dark ages. But as soon as computers and

this Internet thingy caught me, I discovered LDraw and rendering. I even won the prestigious 'Scene of the

Month' contest with this render of my virtual Lego room.

0_room1.jpg

Getting out of the dark ages also meant that I began buying all the old sets that I wanted when I was younger

but my parents could not afford. I got almost all sets from the years between 1966 and 1974. Many of them in

original box. In 2002 I got married and went into the dark ages again... In 2006 and in 2008 my daughter and

son were born. At the moment they are getting me out of the dark ages again. First we got them Duplo but now

they want real Legos. I won't let them play with my Pat-Pend treasures but I'm getting them new sets. I'm really

pleasantly surprised by the quality and playability of this *new* Lego.

City-Farma_Lego,images_zdjecia,13,LEGO7637_1.jpg

My wife is also trying to get me to play again since this is what she got me for my 46th birthday:

win-a-lego-vw-van-1340204317.jpg

Today I'm buying all the old sets I still don't have. Shamefully I discovered that I was buying sets

that I already had so I had to start making an inventory of what I have. This was lots of work but

also lots of fun. I found all my H0 1:87 cars for example.

LegoH0.JPG

Well, that's it for the moment. It's 5 am here in Holland. Hoping to find new friends here and get some good

info and tips for AFOL's.

Your wife got you a wonderful set. I'm glad LEGO is finding you again and thank you for sharing your old sets with us. That 12V locomotive in particular is amazing. I'm quite new here myself but welcome aboard!

Welcome Stinky !

Always nice to see an AFOL from the Breda area ! I work in Breda and live in O'hout .

Hope to see more of your collection /MOC's soon .

Oh I forgot to mention my train movies on Youtube. Here goes:

Demonstration of the pole reverser and signpost.

One of the more expensive sets I own, the 113.

My latest creation: a ride with the 723 and 12(!) 130's.

That's an impressive vintage collection you have Stinky.

The campervan, as Str0ngbad says is such a cool modern set. My gf has hers to build I got her for Christmas. We are used to building the larger sets with number on the books so this will be a challenge when she decides to jump in.

Welcome aboard :)

What a great way to introduce yourself! Nice collection and I love that LEGO room. Welcome to Eurobricks!