Sign in to follow this  
Daenerys Targaryen

Any Fellow Warhammer Players About?

Just curious considering how similar the two hobbies are if there's any fellow Warhammer/40k/LotR collectors/players here?!

Being a die-hard Lego kid is pretty much what led me into the Games Workshop hobby as it simply took my love of building and customising models/figures to a whole new level.

So if there are others here, what are you working on currently?

I'm eagerly anticipating with baited breath the forthcoming rumored Daemons dual-release myself. New toys to build/play with plus hopefully a decent overhaul of the rules to make playing the army a little more varied and make mono-god lists viable.

I used to play warhammer, my army was the woodelves, but the continuous price rises by GW made me stop, I've moved on to historic wargaming..much much cheaper and as fun (if not more) as warhammer.

I can't say I've ever played it, but I really like the tutor/castle buildings, I think they go hand in hand with lego in terms of designs/inspiration (for me at least being a castle builder)

I play for Necrons from time to time. Howver I don't really like the new revamp of them, so can't really make myself start painting them.

I used to play for Tomb Kings and Dwarves a bit in FB, but never really did it properly.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

It's been a long time since I've played, because the shop I played at weekly closed. I have a rather large Space Wolves army. Decent sized Eldar, Tau and Imperial Guard ones as well. I really enjoyed the painting aspect of it. I've even considered getting the Thunderhawk and a few other vehicles to paint.

I do play Dawn of War from time to time to get my W40K fix.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I can't wait for Saturday to come so I can get my filthy mits on the new Daemon books.

While the rumors thus far for the 40k codex look absolutely epic, the few rumors we have for the Fantasy army book are looking pretty awful.

Looks like Ward is going to go 2-for-2 on making an utterly broken Daemons of Chaos book however! (expect this time, every unit is either 'game-breaking' or else 'worthless trash'... I mean seriously? Why did Bloodcrushers of all possible things get nerfed into the ground?!?)