jonwil

Advice on building outriggers wanted

I am building a 6-wide aerial ladder truck and need advice on how I can build the outriggers so they will both look good and fit in the truck.

Anyone got any advice (or any links to MOCs that are both 6-wide and have outriggers?)

what sort of outriggers are you thinking of doing? there could be swingout or expanding directly, or pivoting vertially?

The LEGO fire truck 7239 from a couple of years ago had outriggers. They were made using Technic parts and folded vertically. Not the most elegant design but might be a reasonable starting point?

1_Lego-Brandweerwagen.jpg

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs

I made some motorized to stage one's they may be a bit too big, but they work great. :classic:

th_P1000228.jpg

But I guess you may like this idea more,where you use plant and tiles on there side to fit into brackets.

out2.jpg

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I think what I want is outriggers that extend out horizontally with a "vertical" foot coming off the end of the horizontal beam.

Although, that said, the vertical outrigger idea might be easier to build.

Thanks for the advice, I ended up doing something much like the 7239 as that was the easiest option to build in the available space. (although finding all the dk bley click hinges I wanted was a lot of work :)