Name: Winzar's Pack Patrol

Theme:Legends of Chima

Subtheme: Legends of Chima

Year: 2013

Minifgs: 1

Pieces: 38

Price: $4 (US)

30251-01.jpg

So, when my local target set up their St. Valentine's Day section, the friends sets were there right away, but the bin next to it advertised this, but was empty. Well, they finally filled it so I had to buy it. So how does it stand up to Emma's Ice Cream Stand? Lets find out.

Parts:

30251-02.jpg

I have no complaints here. I like all of these colors. Even someone who doesn't like dark red can throw those into a red wall for extra brick texture. I guess that dark grey wedge plate is a little too rare for me to love it, but given that its in a polybag I can totally forgive it.

People:

30251-04.jpg

Here's Winzar,

30251-05.jpg

Here he is without his....helmet?

30251-06.jpg

And he is the back printing and alternate face.

I guess I have one minor problem with Winzar, and that's the scar. I like my polybags for the ability to build a good supply of the same pieces and for minifigs, that means army building. Why would an entire army all have one eye scarred over? I'd prefer one of the other wolves like Waks, Worriz or Wilhurt. But lets be honest, if this was a CMF I'd buy five easy. So basically it's like getting a cmf quality figure and a whole buch of great parts for a extra dollar.

Build:

30251-03.jpg

Here's Wiznar skiing next to the half built....jet ski? You know what? I don't care what the thing is, it's great pieces and doesn't have any wheels.

30251-07.jpg

And here's the completed pack patrol. It has a hinge brick on the back to give it a great amount of tilt, and the front of the wolf head has a bone that also holds and tilts the front skis. Brilliant!

30251-08.jpg

Extra Pieces.

MVP: Most Valued piece

30251-09.jpg

Black Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 2 Inverted

It might not be pretty, but this piece can be used in any theme. Let's be honest, we all want these, and now they're in a polybag.

Conclusion:

Parts: 10/10

MF: 10/10

Build: 10/10

Playabuility: 9/10

Price: 9.5/10

Total: 97%

Thanks for the review; I'll probably try and get one of these on the weekend from Toys'R'Us if they're here in Canada.

I think I like this polybag. A polybag that isn't just useless pieces is a rare and good thing.

Thank you for the review, I bought a few of those, hopefully I can make a small army out of the polybags. Wolves do comes in packs, don't they? :wink: