mpaisana

Users who have the 10937 Arkham set - Issue with brick built window

Hey everyone,

I started a thread on the Historic Themes forum about an issue I had with the brick built window on set 79003 An Unexpected Gathering. I contacted Lord of the Bricks owner and he made a post where user FredleDingle said he had the exact same problem with 10937 Arkham Asylum set.

Apparently, due to some mould difference on the 6 stud aches (in build bag number 2, on the 79003 set) leads to a wiggling / sliding window, due to the absence of a small salience / bar that fixes the window in place. I'm waiting for a reply from Lego. They told FredleDingle that they would only replace the parts at his expense...

Does anyone have some info on this?

The arch I (and many other users) should have got is the one in Lego Digital Designer. Both my arches have flat interior surfaces, no salience to fix the window structure.

My window wiggles. I just figured that's how it was. Honestly, with the set placed on a stationary surface, it looks just fine. I guess technically the window isn't perfectly centered between the arches, but there aren't gaps and you can't see the top edge of the window assembly if memory serves right. It is a bit strange that it rattles a little if you pick up the model, but it doesn't bother me much.

It doesn't bother me that much either. But it's a bit annoying to pay premium price for a product, expecting to try a new technique that doesn't work well with the provided pieces, who don't even match the images on the provided instruction manual - it's not the same piece. This would be far more acceptable on a Mega Bloks toy, that's for sure.

When built this (Arkham), I thought this was a little cheesy too. I guess that's just how it is

Right, just had a look at both my Arkham (& Bag End)- and I dont think having either of the different arch pieces will make a differance to the 'wiggle'.

Mine have the little bar stopper bit in the top of the arch, but the loose window part doesn't actually touch that when constructed- its actualy held in place by the new circle donut type piece, which doesn't fit snug between the arches and does wiggle a bit. Looking at mine it really would not appear to matter which of the arch types you have, I may be wrong but I think your aways gonna have the 'issue'.

Doesn't really bother me, one of many inventive little aspects to the build.

Edit to the above- just seen the pics you linked too in the other thread, see what you mean the other arch isnt just missing the stopper its a whole different shape! Yeah that is really bad- think without seeing it others will confuse the small 'wiggle' you get with the correct part with the large hole you get with the wrong part. Im sure once Lego have seen the incorrect piece in a build they will sort out the issue. Good luck hope they sort it soon.

Edited by smokebelch

I don't read Chinese but it looks like the Taiwanese poster on that Pockyland site got free replacement arches shipped from Lego in the U S.

www.pockyland.net/viewthread.php?tid=46609&extra=&page=1

Edited by bjtpro

I don't read Chinese but it looks like the Taiwanese poster on that Pockyland site got free replacement arches shipped from Lego in the U S.

www.pockyland.net/viewthread.php?tid=46609&extra=&page=1

Yes, you can get replacement part if you got the old arch piece in your 79003.

Edited by Alywin