I've just realised I haven't made my annual Brickvention Post.

More info on our Facebook event page.

19th - 20th of January Royal Exhibition Building.

We've got so much good stuff to display that some of the committee members have had to leave home some older Mocs despite having double the area of last year. Sessions are already starting to sell out. Once Ryan McNaughts giant helicopter gets published in the paper, tickets will most probably sell out again as they have in years past so don't delay.

Online bookings only here:

Went in the first session today, very impressed with the venue and how accessible everything was.

might need to work on something to enter next year :D

Came from Shanghai to visit family/friends and get a few things done here and randomly stumbled across brickvention. Hit up the last session today (sunday).

Was pleasantly surprised. the kid in me is about to burst out.

Would have loved to meet some of mlug guys, perhaps next time im in town and there's a smaller meet.

I'm still a little shattered after five days of Brickvention (including setup and tear down) but I'm happy you all enjoyed it.

The Royal Exhibition Building worked very well as a venue and has room enough for at least a few years of future expansion. I'm not aware of any major drama's and we sold out so it seems it was all very successful at this stage. We learnt a few thingsas you always do in the first year of a new venue, so we should be able to streamline a little bit for an even more successful event next year.

Edited by peterab

Can't wait Peter, I had a ball, it was good to meet your wife and have a beer together.

I am looking for someone to do a report for the event to put on Brick Fanatics, so if you went and would like to do it drop me a pm.

I'm still a little shattered after five days of Brickvention (including setup and tear down) but I'm happy you all enjoyed it.

The Royal Exhibition Building worked very well as a venue and has room enough for at least a few years of future expansion. I'm not aware of any major drama's and we sold out so it seems it was all very successful at this stage. We learnt a few thingsas you always do in the first year of a new venue, so we should be able to streamline a little bit for an even more successful event next year.

I felt the same this was my first time exhibiting, but someone spilt water near the Hoth layout, I was most impressed with someone displaying a huge LOTR collection they even had an oliphaunt,and all of the Hobbit/Lotr sets

I felt the same this was my first time exhibiting, but someone spilt water near the Hoth layout, I was most impressed with someone displaying a huge LOTR collection they even had an oliphaunt,and all of the Hobbit/Lotr sets

They might of been mine!!!

Was it Bag end, the three trolls and some other ones??

Would have loved to meet some of mlug guys, perhaps next time im in town and there's a smaller meet.

MUGs meets on the second sunday of each month. You can find us and get reminders of meetings and locations via the mugs-list on Yahoo groups.

Can't wait Peter, I had a ball, it was good to meet your wife and have a beer together.

Not my wife, because we don't believe in that sort of thing, but Darrow and I enjoyed catching up too :-)

Hope to make it next year!

It would be awesome to have you there, not just because of your detailed Mocs either.

I didn't get to Brickvention this year but my friends went (as one would when u have a Lego fanatic as a friend :P)

They thoroughly enjoyed the event and thought it was in a good location. Best thing is I think they all grew to love and appreciate Lego that much more. Thank you very much to the event organisers!