UrbanErwin

Modulair Layout

I dont think the monorail fits in the middle. Id keep it off to the side and try to limit rail-monorail crossing as much as possible. I liked the open field feeling the old updates had. But, thats just me.

I dont think the monorail fits in the middle. Id keep it off to the side and try to limit rail-monorail crossing as much as possible. I liked the open field feeling the old updates had. But, thats just me.

I agree with 'Spitfire2865': keep the monorail at the side of the layout and don't let it cross the train tracks. Maybe you can put the track in little tunnels and only let the ramp going up (or even better: into) the mountain in plain sight? This way, the train isn't visible all the time and this will make it more fun to watch.

Edited by alainneke

I have to agree, the open field look is good and having the monorail going all over it kind of distracts from that. Also, why is it there, what is it doing? You have to think that if you have a regular railway running that route what would be the purpose of the monorail doing a similar one? It is a little hard to see right now as there is not so much structure with the monorail, but yes I would say if it is going up the mountain (Assuming your mountain is getting higher?) then I would hide bits of it in tunnels so that you are almost watching to anticipate when it come out. It would make it, its own feature rather than having it getting in the way of the main railway.

I relly like this layout I wish I could build something like this but do not have the parts or time and my LEGO train collection is small only 14 straights, 32 curves, one set 4563,

one car 10015, one engine 10133 and then the holiday train.

The monorail is removed and wil be displayed aside of the layout.

I relly like this layout I wish I could build something like this but do not have the parts or time and my LEGO train collection is small only 14 straights, 32 curves, one set 4563,

one car 10015, one engine 10133 and then the holiday train.

Thank you.

I've added some small ballast details to make it more natural.

Nice work. I'm also considering adding ballast to my tracks, but it's a real brick-eater!

P.s.: when it's autumn, you should but some leafs on the track!

Any more modules coming?

Of course but I'm running low on inspiration and bricks ( but tha latter can be bought.

Nice work. I'm also considering adding ballast to my tracks, but it's a real brick-eater!

P.s.: when it's autumn, you should but some leafs on the track!

that depends on what kind of ballast you were thinking of.

If I put leafs on the tracks, my trains can't ride or the NS (Dutch railways) will panic :tongue:

Maybe put a station at the other end, or a depot, or a freight yard.

in my plan there was a industrial area. so I have to specify that a bit.

The other side (mountain) will be continued by an other guy.

Still youre contradicting yourself. You mean you will only work on what you have already? And how would you extend to the left if I may ask?

Okay, forget I've wrote, I'll explain it again.

layout_2_1.jpg

It is a joined layout of multiple (for now 2) people.

I don't know, currently I'm leaning towards something industrial where I can incorporate my monborail.