MarkusOSX

MOD: PF battery box with 2x 9V Block

If you're afraid to burn your motors, you can use one of these in this short link to step down the voltage to 9
https://www.banggood.com/DC-DC-9V-3A-Power-Supply-Module-Buck-Step-Down-Regulator-Module-24V-18V-12V-To-9V-Fixed-Output-p-1177908.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

I have a ~10000mah 2s 7.4V stationary battery pack for powering not-vehicles since it has no mounting possibilites.
My plan is to buy the pcb and redo the pack with BMS
9G2yyX3m.jpg

Edited by Essge
Fixed pic size?

Yeah, but its not rechargeable and it say its for a dorrbell etc or something that not uses a lot of Ah. You can get away with a really small pack, but eventually have to change it.
A m-motor uses 850mah when stalled. A door bell uses like maximum 100mah when in use.

I would go rechargeable whatever the case. Better for the environment too.

its rated 10 Amps... thats 10,000 ma!! ..  door bells in California can be very loud .. i heard some that plays music and capture video..  then again I do live at a place that is like 10 years advance then anywhere in the world !!  but its a desert 

Edited by sirslayer

I guess theres a different between Burbank CA and Fresno, but I thought you all had door bells on 110V.

Go for it and see how it performs, its only 4 bucks

Some door bell systems uses cat6 POE with wifi. under 5 volts, 12 volts are more common , they can communicate with the tv and audio to mute them down, maybe in fresno they saw the new space shuttle launch yesterday .. 

https://www.virgingalactic.com/

Edited by sirslayer

Lego motors are rated for 9 volts, correct? So if i let a 5 year old play with my moc that has say.. 11 volts of power going trough and the motors stall, will the motors fry up? 
If more volts means more speed then sure, but if there is a possibility of frying anything, i'd rather stay in the safe side. 

I'd love to have a rechargeable battery box with a micro usb connector for charging. 

Does anybody have any pictures or something for the lipo mod, what to get and how to install it? 
I'm not that savy on electrical work. I do have a friend who can help me out but i'd still need a battery that fits inside the battery box. 

Battery life and rechargeability is important.

@Essge Please refrain from using such big photos! According to the guidelines "Images rarely need to be over 800 x 600, and any that are over 1MB (including GIFs) are not allowed unless there is admin approval." (see whole text in my signature).

So please delete your photo, resize it (using a graphic software) and upload the smaller one.
Don't resize the photo here on Eurobricks using the editor: The big one still will be loaded in the background and then will be resized by the forum's software.

Thank you!

@Holodoc Thanks. I didnt know how to change size from imgur, but now I do. I hope its better.
If you have time. Can you check my own topic if the pics are ok size. I dont know whats best for everyone.

Oh, this is absolutely perfect! :thumbup:

(and it still transports all the infomation from the big picture... :wink: )