Sign in to follow this  
Tanotrooper

CCCX "But the power of the Ring could not be undone..."

Happy Newyear everyone! Here's one of my entries for CCCX:

A Last Alliance of Men and Elves (and Dwarves) faced the armies of Sauron on the slopes of Mount Doom. All goes well until the Alliance has to face off against the Dark Lord himself...

8331935242_0473dbcb39_o.jpg

8330878097_02b27fee99_o.jpg

(Love this shot in the movie)

8331935408_e2e92e182e_o.jpg

The scene features Sauron (with the Ring of course), Isildur, Elrond and a human and elf soldier.

I wanted to enter Sauron in the Fantasy Minifigure category, but since there's nothing minifig left I decided to build the scene and enter it into the Miscellaneous category. I'd have to thank LEGO for getting me interested in LOTR, but this specific scene has been engraved in my mind since the first time I saw it.

Trying to scale Sauron with the minifigures was a bit difficult, but I really love the way he looks. I have to admit that the binoculars technique has been used on a Sauron before, but not in combination with the knives I believe. Four black minifigure capes were used to make his large cape. The elbows and knees can turn in 90 degree movements, so he should be able to sit down and enjoy his cup of tea. He's certainly more to scale than LEGO's version in the LOTR videogame! :D

The scenery isn't that special I suppose, but then again there's not really much to build when you look at the movie.

One note, I'll replace the Elf's helmet with a complete golden one when I get an Atlantis guardian.

Comments and criticism are appreciated, as always! :)

Sincerely,

Gaetano Dooms

Tanotrooper

it is a great piece of work from the souron to the terrain.

next up build isildur with elrond in mount doom :wink:

keep it up!

~Legonardo