______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

After Starwars VII and BvS's second trailers this one seems lacking. I'm not a fan of how the Thing looks like either.

I don't like the looks of that at all, maybe because i don't like FF4 but... it just doesn't look like Jhonny Storm for some reason...

I was just going to click those spoilers when suddenly, my cat knocked over something in my kitchen. On the walk back from picking up a saucepan, I thought:

"Waittaminnit! I dont want no spoilers messin up my enjoyment of da movie now does I? Thanks for the epiphany, kitty kat!"

I was just going to click those spoilers when suddenly, my cat knocked over something in my kitchen. On the walk back from picking up a saucepan, I thought:

"Waittaminnit! I dont want no spoilers messin up my enjoyment of da movie now does I? Thanks for the epiphany, kitty kat!"

The force / Yoda / Quicksilver / My Dog / my finger wants me to click those darn things... KEEP IT IN!!

After Starwars VII and BvS's second trailers this one seems lacking. I'm not a fan of how the Thing looks like either.

I think The Thing looks too top-heavy and too wide and a bit disjointed, like he doesn't fit together properly.

All you daredevil fans we will be getting a second season. I still haven't seen it yet but really want to, looks awesome.

Saw the new Avengers film today and it's brilliant. Didn't think they could top the first one, this one takes it up a notch.

I'm glad, Ultron is my favorite marvel villain and I wanted him to be well done. I was also afraid that with the hour and a half run time would make it not as good. I have not seen the movie yet but excited to hear that people are loving it.

I'm glad, Ultron is my favorite marvel villain and I wanted him to be well done. I was also afraid that with the hour and a half run time would make it not as good. I have not seen the movie yet but excited to hear that people are loving it.

hour and a half? Everywhere I've looked puts it at around 2 hours 20 minutes.

I have to say that I'm kinda disappointed. Without going into spoilers, this movie feels very generic, like a TV episode, the conflict appears and is resolved all in the movie.

The Avengers was beautifully led up and connected all the way trough phase 1, the tesseract being a big part of Captain America the first Avenger, Loki already being established in Thor. Meanwhile it's kinda weird going from Iron Man destroying all his suits in his third movie to this, and GOTG and Captain America: The Winter Soldier really didn't set up anything for this (except the mid-credits scene in TWS)

It's farly standard superhero schlok. It's well-made, with some fun one-liners, good action but without any depth. Ultron is so incredibly snarky that he doesn't feel like a threat to me, he's more like a megalomaniac clown. And then his evil plan is probably the most dangerous to humanity so far in the MCU. There's a bit too many subplots, some which are wrapped up too fast.

But there's good parts too. Everyone talks about how Hawkeye is the best, but I liked Paul Bettanys Vision the most, he's brilliant. I also really liked Elisabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, we needed a superpowered female in the sausage fest. It never reaches the hype level of Avengers, but I expected that.

What? I thought it was 2 hours and 20 Minutes. They must of really trimmed it down.

What? I thought it was 2 hours and 20 Minutes. They must of really trimmed it down.

No, it's definitely 2:20

Enjoyed Age of Ultron

Vision was definitely the standout character for me. Ultron and the twins were also very good.

I have to say that I'm kinda disappointed. Without going into spoilers, this movie feels very generic, like a TV episode, the conflict appears and is resolved all in the movie.

The Avengers was beautifully led up and connected all the way trough phase 1, the tesseract being a big part of Captain America the first Avenger, Loki already being established in Thor. Meanwhile it's kinda weird going from Iron Man destroying all his suits in his third movie to this, and GOTG and Captain America: The Winter Soldier really didn't set up anything for this (except the mid-credits scene in TWS)

It's farly standard superhero schlok. It's well-made, with some fun one-liners, good action but without any depth. Ultron is so incredibly snarky that he doesn't feel like a threat to me, he's more like a megalomaniac clown. And then his evil plan is probably the most dangerous to humanity so far in the MCU. There's a bit too many subplots, some which are wrapped up too fast.

But there's good parts too. Everyone talks about how Hawkeye is the best, but I liked Paul Bettanys Vision the most, he's brilliant. I also really liked Elisabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, we needed a superpowered female in the sausage fest. It never reaches the hype level of Avengers, but I expected that.

Agents of Shield explored it quite a bit.

Regarding the different ultrons:

As I understood:

1 - composite of broken Iron legion parts

2 - his first full version, made in the Hydra base

3 - his upgrade after getting vibranium, which destroys his previous model in front of Black Widow. Very tall.

Ultron drones.

A slight let down after the first Avengers, but nonetheless very good.

My main disappointment:

The final fight scene did not feel very threatening. The Ultron drones posed even less of a threat than the chitauri. At no point did it seem like the Avengers were going to lose at all. At no point was I ever worrying how they would be able to get victory. Ultron himself was just as unimposing in this battle. Although he held a strong presence throughout the movie he was a big let down in the final fight, there is no big boss battle.

Also, they killed off

Quicksilver - I mean come on, at least give him a couple of movies before killing him - I really enjoyed his performance.

Also, the Thor backstory was odd and no-one I went with fully understood it. The story was a bit too convoluted, full of tiny subplots I found unnecessary. It skipped over very important parts of the story, like how Ultron actually escaped the Avengers tower and got a body in Sovokia. I mean they answer it, but it's not a satisfying answer imo.

It was nice to see War Machine in action, and Paul Bettany was great as the Vision.

Hulkbuster fight was great but definitely too short! Also I feel Stark did not try hard enough to avoid casualties - he goes around throwing Hulk into moving traffic, markets and skyscrapers.

Edited by Zilcho

What I really liked about the film is it doesn't focus on being a stand alone film like the others, it sets up phase 3, and that makes it more fun for die hard Marvel fans even if it is at the expense of your regular Joe.

I saw the film yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I will say that I'm not a big reader of DC comics so I wasn't watching it with any view of how the film relates to the original comic story, because of which I was able to just enjoy it as a stand alone film as part of a growing cinematic universe.

I think it's very difficult to portray a full story arc from a comic in a single film... Especially with the character limitations they have... I mean it's nowhere as condensed as the Bane story in the Cristopher Nolan Batman film but they have to make some liberties with the story.

If anything some of the one liners feel like they were shoehorned in due to the popularity of Loki's pained wheeze after Hulk smashed him in AA... but they still work and I'd be being very fussy to let them detract from the film.

Definitely 2hrs 21mins running time too.

For those who have seen the movie, is there more to the clips that were released online?

The Hulk fight is about twice as long, probably more.

The Hulk fight is about twice as long, probably more.

What about the scene with thor, cap, and iron man talking with ultron, sw, and qs?

What about the scene with thor, cap, and iron man talking with ultron, sw, and qs?

That goes on for quite a bit longer.

For people who have seen the movie:

What was the point of black widow being captured by Ultron? It didn't really add anything to the plot.

Edited by Zilcho