Captain Roger

Fake LEGO pirates : general discussion

What's funny on those sets is that the makers have NO sense of seperating thmes. A Viking helmet, next to a top hat, Wild West hats, tricornes, everything. Also, there's a weird mix of battle-axes and machine guns in the sets. Laughable.

Chinese ship with european pirates: http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

Good points:

Cool captain...brilliant weapons

I must say that looks a lot like

http://brickset.com/sets/7416-1/Emperor-s-Ship

7416-1.jpg

Still, it is good to have a black hulled one for chinese pirates. May replace some of the heads and torsos. I also like the sail on that one. pirate_laugh2.gif

Edited by Capt. Stabbin
Please don't quote pics, Thanks!

I'm a LEGO purist - I consider it an infestation if any other type of brick get's mixed in with my LEGO :D

That said, there are some parts and colors in these sets that could be useful if made from actual LEGO.

What's funny on those sets is that the makers have NO sense of seperating thmes. A Viking helmet, next to a top hat, Wild West hats, tricornes, everything. Also, there's a weird mix of battle-axes and machine guns in the sets. Laughable.

Agree. And that makes this sets absurd, ridiculous... can't find the words. pir_wacko.gif

the only thing good about fake legos is that they are cheap , so if u build a model and decide to leave it that way for a looong time then yes u can use these fake cheap legos BUT if u plan on de-constructing - re-constructing DO NOT try fake lego's they are hard to work with construct / de-construct hard

i use fake legos for building a " brick build " ship and i plan to leave it like that for the rest of my life so yeah it's worth it they are cheap

Edited by agentsmith

Hello to you all guys!! Looking for some fake lego pirates I saw the entire collection of enlighten-brick.com about pirates! It looks so disgusting!

I would not consider mixing them with real LEGO on principle, or buying them at all in general...but I have to confess that I have considered purchasing a single BSB ripoff.

But I do have a good reason for this - it would be for a movie project, and a live-action fireship scene/sequence. Obviously no one would light an actual LEGO BSB on fire...but a cheap Chinese ripoff that looks exactly like it? I doubt too many people would take issue to watching one of those burn.