De Sandman

WIP a new big ship

Hi, it's been a while but things got itchy and i started to build a new ship after destroying the Prinses Nikki (i needed it for parts :tongue: ) so here's the first dek...20 guns so far.....

I'm not going to build an interiour so it's a mess inside (but hey it's the outside that will be visible)

2012-11-28_16.38.48.jpg

2012-11-28_16.39.55.jpg

2012-11-28_16.40.13.jpg

You're off to a good start here, I like the colours!

I do think the curve is a bit heavy, it might look better to delete the middle step and make that 1 plate higher. But it depends on what type of shop you are making of course.

Deck 2 ?

Nice, good thing you used car roof hinges, I think the bow looks a bit chunky, some hinge bricks/plates could help.

As for the curve; I like it better when the lowest section is closer to the front of the ship but that's just personal taste.

Keep it up, it's gonna be huge :thumbup:

...But it depends on what type of shop you are making of course.

Shop ? no wonder you think the curve is heavy, oh well, it was to be expected from a redcoat :laugh:

Edited by Sebeus I

Will you be building the bow and the stern the same way you did before? I am not specially found of it as it is way too squarish and simple. You have shown such a skill in the Nikki that I think you should try to be ambitious and go further with more complex techniques for that areas where the curves get harder to describe :classic:

This is looking promising, the red/black colourscheme is always a nice combination :thumbup:

Edited by Frank Brick Wright

Shop ? no wonder you think the curve is heavy, oh well, it was to be expected from a redcoat :laugh:

I wouldn't be making fun of my commander. There is a reason we like red: its the color of your bluecoat's blood! :tongue: lol

Edited by Commander Law

Thanks for the replies, it really helps me, took your advices....rases the middle one step, so there's less curve and build an advanced bow....

2012-11-29_15.30.10.jpg

2012-11-29_15.30.38.jpg