Sign in to follow this  
LEGO Historian

ALL the LEGO Road Signs Ever Produced...

Well at least since 1969 anyway...

As I keep mentioning (ad nauseum)... my LEGO DVD/download has a bazillion things packed into its' 2800 pages...

To anyone who has purchased it... you'll get a free upgrade in 2013.... with even more chapters and more "unknown" items bringing it ever closer to over 3000 pages.

One of my best contributors is my friend from Germany named Lothar (he's mentioned many times in many chapters)... and he keeps WOW'ing me with rare items that he finds in Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, and practically all of Europe...

Here's his latest addition to my DVD/download.... some of these items you have NEVER seen (never officially released from TLG), and other items may have only made it to 2 or 3 countries. Does anyone remember that 1979 USA catalog with the "medical center" Town Set that was never produced? Well, here's the roadsign that "never" came with it...

8206297308_277247bc39_b.jpg

The top row of signs had the round "pin" underneath (1980s-2000).... the other rows had the rectangular "pin" underneath (1969-1980s).

And that "no smoking" sign? It appears that this may have been made for Billund employees that didn't want others to smoke in their work location.... put out the sign... :look:

Edited by LEGO Historian

Very nice! Like the no smoking one very much ;)

Thanks! That NO SMOKING sign is actually unique.... it has the same logo on both sides. I don't know of any other tall road signs that have a 2 sided image... although the "30" round sign is actually a sticker (used only in the Weetabix 1589 Town Square set) that has a sticker for the reverse of a vertical black bar (end speed limit)....

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=1589.1stk01

Edited by LEGO Historian

I'm amazed to see that Hospital sign actually made it into AFOL hands. :oh: It would seem that said hospital was quite close to production when the decision not to release it was taken, given that printed signs were made for it and photos were taken for a US catalogue. Still remains the question of whether it was intended as a world-wide release or a US exclusive.