MrSmith

Help with Lego software

There is no connection between piston and cylinder defined. This means, that you cannot place piston into cylinder directly - it won't snap there. You have to connect a piston and a piston rod, rotate them to to proper angle to avoid collision with a cylinder and add a cylinder (cylinder has to be connected to some other brick (usually an enigne block).

@ Methos: I'm hoping that Zblj will see this topic, since he is so talented with using Lego Digital Designer (LDD) in modeling difficult Technic situations. If your custom engine is in an "X" configuration, you could see this thread for his X24 and X48 LDD .lxf files!

Edited by Calabar
Oversized image converted in text link (Maximum size allowed is 800x600)

@ Methos: I'm hoping that Zblj will see this topic, since he is so talented with using Lego Digital Designer (LDD) in modeling difficult Technic situations.

:hmpf_bad:

I have made the a simple short cut for a standard Lego engine below.If however you require help in making a x version let me know. :classic:

In case of rotating them is is just a case of rotating them on the crank so they fit inside the cylinder head.The cylinder block head itself needs to be rotated too by pining it at the top and then rotating it to fit the pin connector block at the top and bottom.

Engineshortcut-1.jpg

Download file.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan