The Joker1

Considering selling LEGO 10196 grand carousel

Good day ladies and gentlemen. I am stuck with a rather large problem. For the past few years I have been doing a corse on drugs and medicine. Well i have now finished but their are a few problems meaning I cant start work immediately. I wont go into them now but the point is I need a bit of extra money. The best thing i can think of is to sell my most valueable set-the 10196 grand carousel.

I love my carousel and i would not like to sell it but i feel it is nessicary. As far as I can tell it is complete but as all you fellow AFOLs know it is easy to loose a peice or two :laugh: . So the main question is does anyone know the correct value. They seem to range from about £450 on bricklink for a old yellowing one to £1600 for a perfect one? Mine appears all well and good. It has original box and instructions and it spins perfect. :sweet: I would rather not sell it if possible but i would just lke a bit of advice from anyone who has had a problem like this before. :sweet:

Edited by The Joker1

Years ago I almost sold my underground comix collection but by the time I found the right buyer (a month or so), my monetary problem had been alleviated.

Hope that helps. Have fun!

Oh, I still have the comix. :wink:

Edited by bjtpro

You should visit Brickpicker for your trouble it shows the value of sets being sold on ebay. So you should be able to compare the used and new value and find the price that should suit your needs.

Thanks guys. I have had a look on brickpicker and it says the used price is about £340. This is probably right but is over £100 less than the average bricklink price and a couple hundred lower than ebay pricing. I was thinking about selling it on ebay but fees are over 15% now arnt they? Not to mention paypal and listing fees! I may put it up at £3?? on eurobricks in the faint chance someone may want it and then put it up on some other second hand goods sites? (is it ok to put it here on EB I havent had a chance to fully read through the new rules yet?) :classic:

Edited by The Joker1

If you have to pay the bills, you have to pay the bills right.

As far as eBay fees, set your reserve at the minimum you would take plus those fees.

If you have to pay the bills, you have to pay the bills right.

As far as eBay fees, set your reserve at the minimum you would take plus those fees.

Yeah i may have to do that. It is an annoying feeling though knowing ebay have just taken £40 (or whatever the fees cost) away from you just for using their site. But i suppose if it means I no longer need to worry about bills its ok. :classic: thanks

Ebay (UK) have been running regular 'free listing' weekends this year for auctions....normally every 2-3 weeks. You can either i) run a 24 hour auction from Saturday - Sunday if you need a quick sale, and/or ii) if it doesn't sell re-list it on Sunday evening for 7 days!!

The listing is obviously free, so if it doesn't sell you won't be charged anything. You'll be charged 10% of the selling price (excluding the postage) by Ebay, plus another 3-4% if the buyer pays via Paypal.

I'd recommend setting the minimum price at a level you'd be happy to accept, as there's a flood of stuff advertised when they run them (so you might have less bidders!!)

I hope that this helps. Cheers, Robin :classic:

Ebay (UK) have been running regular 'free listing' weekends this year for auctions....normally every 2-3 weeks. You can either i) run a 24 hour auction from Saturday - Sunday if you need a quick sale, and/or ii) if it doesn't sell re-list it on Sunday evening for 7 days!!

The listing is obviously free, so if it doesn't sell you won't be charged anything. You'll be charged 10% of the selling price (excluding the postage) by Ebay, plus another 3-4% if the buyer pays via Paypal.

I'd recommend setting the minimum price at a level you'd be happy to accept, as there's a flood of stuff advertised when they run them (so you might have less bidders!!)

I hope that this helps. Cheers, Robin :classic:

Hmm this sounds like a very good option to me :classic: . I think that is most likely what i will do. I will list it on saturday for a sat-sun list and if it fails to sell it will go on for a week. (if anyone is interested i will post the link on the first post. :thumbup: Thanks Lobot