Sign in to follow this  
The-Hulk

Brickforge Pauldrons with Iron Man helmet?

Hi everyone,

I was considering buying some Brickforge neck armour and pauldrons to use on my (official) Iron Man figure.

Can anyone with both of these pieces test if the neck armour can fit with the helmet?

I'd appreciate pictures as well.

Thanks in advance, Lewis.

Although the pauldrons won't work, you can always use the Arc trooper pauldron (from the newest Star Wars battle pack) like I did :classic: You can see a picture of it from my custom figure thread.

I think it looks just fine with the BF pauldrons fitted. The helmet sits maybe half a millimetre higher than it should, can you tell much difference in the pics? (obviously with the neck armour piece fitted any minifigure head sits slightly higher than it usually would however.)

flumpcharbw111164.jpg

flumpcharbw111166.jpg

flumpcharbw111167.jpg

flumpcharbw111165.jpg

I say go for it, my pauldrons are now back on their original owners shoulders but I think they look great on Iron Man and as I have many spares, he may just get some of his own later today :wink:

*Edit* I should point out that I didnt try the helmet with BF's other shoulder pauldron design, the more rounded type. I'll give that a bash when I get five minutes!

*Edit again!* Works just fine with the rounded pauldrons too :wink:

Edited by charlieboy

^^ That really looks great! The pauldron doesn't make the helmet look awkwardly high but in fact makes the helmet not look "overly gigantic"/"too oversized". Thanks for sharing this, I think this is the best solution to make the Iron Man fig look respectable. :thumbup:

where are the pics of ironman with the round pauldrons?

where are the pics of ironman with the round pauldrons?

:laugh: I didnt take any! Give me five minutes :wink:

Here you go! I really wanted to use gold again but I couldnt find any of the rounded pouldrons in that colour. You can still see how they work though. The last two pics use ones that I painted myself, they were the closest I had to dark red.

flumpcharbw111168.jpg

flumpcharbw111170-1.jpg

flumpcharbw111169.jpg

flumpcharbw111171.jpg

flumpcharbw111172.jpg

:wink:

Hmm...I prefer the first pauldrons used over the rounded ones. Maybe that's just me, but the rounded ones seem to bubbly or something. Still, both types look great on Iron Man! :classic:

the view from the top looks horrible as the gaps are too visible but otherwise, i think the round pauldrons are a tad better than the spiky pauldrons. i think using the cloth pauldrons from either the arc trooper or chancellor palpatine might be the best overall choice. just my thoughts... until someone puts all three together for a nice comparison. :tongue:

i think using the cloth pauldrons from either the arc trooper or chancellor palpatine might be the best overall choice. just my thoughts... until someone puts all three together for a nice comparison. :tongue:

Friedchickenfairy used Palpatine's pauldron in his custom Iron Man (below). The one used in the ARC Trooper is also made of the same cloth material which look inconsistent/off with the rest of the plastic metal suit. I still think the first pauldron shown above looks the best for the Iron Man fig. :thumbup:

7639755668_f1143aa1e5_c.jpg

I think it looks just fine with the BF pauldrons fitted. The helmet sits maybe half a millimetre higher than it should, can you tell much difference in the pics? (obviously with the neck armour piece fitted any minifigure head sits slightly higher than it usually would however.)

*Edit* I should point out that I didnt try the helmet with BF's other shoulder pauldron design, the more rounded type. I'll give that a bash when I get five minutes!

Still the helmet doesn't fit properly all the way down. Sometimes we all like to hear that click.

-Omi

Thanks everyone for the replies! I think the segmented pauldrons look fantastic on iron man, they really help to balance out the large helmet, but I like the cloth pauldrons too. In fact, the reason I made this topic is because I saw friedchickenfairy's picture and I really liked it. I like it a lot how it is, but does anyone think that some sanding down might make it thin enough? And does anyone have any additional ideas for iron man armour? Not exactly purist but with as little modding as possible (third party pieces are fine).

Still the helmet doesn't fit properly all the way down. Sometimes we all like to hear that click.

-Omi

Agreed. I am still bothered by the poor fit of the new Batman cowl (Batman Jetski polybag).

I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO PUSH IT ALL THE WAY DOWN :cry_sad:

If only Brickforge made dark red vambraces, they have normal red but I haven't put any of them on my Iron-Man. I'm sure they'll beef him up a bit. Maybe better than pauldrons.