Sign in to follow this  
jmagaletta

Review: 9500 - Sith Fury Class Interceptor

128 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Built mine today and must say it's one of the best ships ever.

ONE QUESTION for the OP: do you have the instuctions for the stands (both)? I need to make room to display my models and those would greatly help :)

Honestly it is just a plate then two 2x6 bricks side by side. Then 2x6 bricks stacked. Nothing special.

The other stand is the same concept. Just a wider base for more stability. I just threw them together quickly.

My biggest complaints about this set were a) no actual pilot and b) no landing gear. The same can be said for the Striker fighter. I took the large landing gear piece from the original 1999 X-Wing and used that as a stop-gap, but every attempt to make a proper set of folding landing gear since has failed, so it's still balancing awkwardly on this piece.

I was trying to build a stand that would hold the ship at an angle, but I was having some trouble designing something stable enough to keep it up. Any ideas from some of the more experienced lego aficionados?

Are the pictures a bit big? They aren't loading? Anyway, Darth Malgus is so awesome with that piece of headgear. And his trooper's are cool. However, a battle-pack of them means that they aren't as contributing to the awesomeness of this set. Forgive me if I got any details wrong, I'm working off memory here.

I just built this set and it looks amazing. I don't collect Star Wars sets so this is my first, and I mainly got it for the cape (I needed a cape that works with long female hair). Right after I finished it and swooshed it around a bit (it's compact but heavy), I instantly thought of little ways to make it better.

• I liked how the bottom rear wings clicked into place and wanted the same for the top wings. Needed for a barrel roll. This is easy to do and just requires mirroring some parts from the bottom wing.
  • The top wing has door-rail plates to cover the gap between the front and back wing pieces. The bottom wings don't have this and that is yet another easy fix.

Yes, bricklink must love me.