lightningtiger

New Mannum 2012

Hey we go I have rebuilt the wrecked buildings.

0_nm_180.jpg

0_nm_190.jpg

0_nm_181.jpg

0_nm_191.jpg

0_nm_182.jpg

0_nm_192.jpg

0_nm_195.jpg

0_nm_196.jpg

0_nm_197.jpg

0_nm_183.jpg

0_nm_193.jpg

0_nm_184.jpg

0_nm_194.jpg

Wow, I've been busy eh ? :laugh:

More coming.....keep watching ! :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Hey,

good pictures. I really like your building style. In a way it is minimalistic but yet offers a great deal of details. Cool.

Hey,

good pictures. I really like your building style. In a way it is minimalistic but yet offers a great deal of details. Cool.

Thanks 'horizon', I should be able to get some more photos up shortly of my row of shops as well. :wink:

Glad to hear you're OK, Lightning. We'd be lost without a regular update on New Mannum!

Wow, I've been busy eh ? :laugh:

Thats a first.........:laugh:

Am glad to hear that you got every thing built up again.:sweet:

I look forward to another update.:thumbup:

Thanks 'Kristel' and 'Alasdair', it could have been worse.....if it was a truck I would been toast so would my town ! *oh2*

Anyway I'll be working on the road in front of the block/row of shops tomorrow...plus working on some redesigning of the Ford and builders supply MOC's....I must make them both fit 48 stud wide. :wink:

Keep watching ! :classic:

Money is tight at the moment so parts may have to wait to next week ! :cry_sad:

Anyway.....

0_nm_179.jpg

Comments still welcome....keep watching ! :classic:

If you leave that road like that with you better get a ''ramp'' sign so that the lego cars do not break there suspension.:laugh:

If you leave that road like that with you better get a ''ramp'' sign so that the lego cars do not break there suspension.:laugh:

:laugh: No, I need to get some more 8x16 tiles.....maybe tomorrow, but it does give me an idea for that digger plan you posted early 'Alasdair' ! :wink:

More tomorrow.....or Saturday (wife has to go to work on Saturday..... :excited::rofl: )

Made some additions/changes today......8x16 tiles are on order....so the road surface is still a little bumpy ! :laugh:

0_nm_178.jpg

I have to soon create some extra minifigs, vehicles and more new/redesigned buildings....not to forget road signs....oh, dear this is going to take a long time to finish. :blush:

More to come......and like I always say......keep on watching ! :wink:

Plans are changing again, the builders supply will be removed and a whole new motor dealer building built that the entire dealership will fit width-wise 48 studs. The builders supply will have it's Aussie branding changed to Lego-ish branding and will join my new Octan mini shop and pumps.

I'll start on the changes today.....currently I'm hunting new old fashioned building designs.....keep watching ! :wink:

Plans are changing again.

Ah he finally realized all the bad building techniques he used..............:laugh: :laugh:

I look forward to the update next month soon.:thumbup:

Ah he finally realized all the bad building techniques he used..............:laugh: :laugh:

I look forward to the update next month soon.:thumbup:

Yeah, I was taking advice from......spongebobs_patrick-4855.gif:roflmao:

I'll try and update a.s.a.p.......keep watching ! :wink:

I found my inspiration for my new old fashioned car dealer building.....

next_new_mannum_car_dealer_inspiration.png

Work starts tomorrow.....any suggestions, questions always welcome. :classic:

How would you make the corrugated sheeting on the roof?

Would you just use tiles and have one strip higher than the other?

How would you make the corrugated sheeting on the roof?

Would you just use tiles and have one strip higher than the other?

Ah, now that's going to take a little bit of trail and error building.....I don't want it too bulky or look silly or I might just forget the curved piece on the front....but still make it look corrugated of sorts.

Plus that was a fast reply to posting....about 1 minute....'Alasdair' in the right place at the right time ! :laugh:

I also have to work on the front sliding door system so vehicles can be both displayed and driven in/out.

Keep watching for tomorrow it begins ! :wink:

LT, New Mannum is looking great. Glad you were able to fix it back up after the crash. I am getting ready to work on Stoneford Again.

~LCM

Thanks 'Alasdair' for the .lxf file and 'LCM' for your comments.....I look forward to seeing 'Stoneford' progress along further. :classic:

I'll start on the new dealer structure tomorrow some time plus try and get progress images up.

Keep watching ! :classic:

You may want to replace the bigger slopes with the next size down.:sweet:

But that idea may look quite good.:thumbup:

Perhaps I would still stick to the large curves it would have a greater effect on being a rolled galv roof section. :wink:

I will still try and have some fresh photos up today.....keep watching ! :wink:

Which is better the old Holden dealer a page back or this more modern Ford dealer ?

Pioneer%20Ford%20Finance%20Banner.jpgPioneer%20Service%20image%201.jpg

What does everyone think ? :look:

Edited by lightningtiger

So thats what you call progress? :rofl:

I guess it depends on the age of your town.I would go for the newer one but its not down to me.Instead is is down to......:bonaparte:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Which is better the old Holden dealer a page back or this more modern Ford dealer ?

I like the old style better and I think it would suit New Mannum, but I appreciate that the Ford one would be a little simpler to build. I think Alisdair's design would work well with the smaller arches.

Either way, it really should be a Holden dealership!

Thanks for the feedback 'Alasdair' and 'Kristel', how did you guess.....cheaper to make eh ? :laugh:

I guess there is nothing stopping me from building both.....it's April next year for my next show to attend....as long as I get my promised invite back. :blush:

I have found even more Ford and Holden dealers based around either old or modern designs....though a though has just popped into my mind - a small art deco shop/office on the corner.....could make it a deli/snack bar I guess (doing a lot of guessing this morning :laugh: ) and then sit the Holden dealer on the other side of it.

Plus I have a fresh problem....no 8x16 tiles for my roads until next week....fingers crossed. :cry_sad:

Once I have built the Holden dealer, the Ford could be built later on so it sits on the outskirts of the town.

Keep suggesting and watching ! :wink:

Edit - solved front door for Holden dealer building.....bi-fold doors done a special way....the tiger way ! :laugh:

I'll try my hardest to have some up today sometime.....though earning money comes first....need money to buy Lego and oh, yeah give some to the wife for bills, etc.,. :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger