Sign in to follow this  
adventuresinlego

Aussie Rules Football Minifigure MOCs

Down under we have a unique sport; Australian Rules Football, so I've started a MOC project to translate some of that into LEGO. I've started off with some basic Collectible Minifigures which I've put up on Cuusoo - http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17609

I've started experimenting with making a mini MCG MOC (Melbourne Cricket Ground) but my knowledge is very limited with LEGO, in fact, when you see me with it I'm like a 4 year old lol... bloody hopeless... But as I buy more sets and build them I'm slowly learning so will post the MCG on here as soon as I get going with it...

tumblr_m4rppmEE591r7d758o1_500.png

But onto the Minifigures, I thought since Aussie Rules is unique to Australia (albeit many, many leagues of it around the world) but the main professional league has only 18 teams, the CMF's have 16 MFs, for a 4x4 layout on the sheet, so I added 2 more (Umpires) for a 5x4 layout instead.

tumblr_m4rppmEE591r7d758o2_250.png

As Cuusoo is about our Lego wishes, it doesn't matter if this idea is impossible to achieve (nothing is impossible with LEGO) but it is well worth a shot to try to get a unique collectible series to Australia.

Why Aussie Rules Footy/AFL Teams and not the more widely known NFL? Well, for starters, as I say, there are only a small amount of teams in the AFL so the impact of quantity is lessened, but also because the rules/league of Aussie Rules (at the time it was the VFL for Victorian Football League) they were officiated before any other football code which is a somewhat little known fact about the sport.

tumblr_m4rppmEE591r7d758o3_250.png

It's immensely popular in Australia, albeit not everyone likes it as with every sport/movie/music etc., but it is OUR code, our one true sporting invention and I think it would be fabulous to honour the past 150-160 years with a small series of Minifigures.

This is an example of it for those unfamiliar with it - showcasing the rules and some best bits -

As I say, I'm going to expand the theme beyond the initial CMF minifigures, and whilst I can make a little Gym, with a cute little punching bag, what other ideas are there for Footy related sets?

So far I have;

1. Collectible Minifigures, designed clothing/faces

2. MCG MOC, brainstorming

3. Training Gymnasium, built a few little pieces

4. The Footy Show Set, drawn up rough ideas for set complete with Sammy Newman Minifig haha

There's over 150 years of history to choose from haha

Really hope you can vote to support this project, even if you don't know or even if you dislike the sport- not everything is everyone's cup of tea obviously, this would just be a fantastic toy for children and a great collectible for Adults fans of both Lego and Football.

Edit; oh, and GO BOMBERS!!!

Edited by adventuresinlego

As this is about custom minifigures, it'll be more appropriate in the Minifig Customisation Workshop.

Woohoo! cheers, let's never speak of last weekend's match haha

Yes let's never speak of it. I was there.

Yes let's never speak of it. I was there.

Ouch! I was going to take a visiting American guest but I got my dates mixed up so thankfully I didn't have to go, that would've been so embarrassing :( lol and cheers for your support!

Edited by adventuresinlego

Please keep meta discussions out of here. Matches results are better discussed in the Community section. Thank you. :classic: