badbob001

What size helmets can fit into a clear dome?

I want to recreate this cool space helmet, which uses the old thin-chin helmet inside a clear dome piece:

4948434422_c4dbec48ef_b.jpg

It's from here: Still from "Voyage to Planet X" and he even has a cool movie-style poster using the figures for sale.

The thin-chin helmets are harder to find, easy to break, and don't come in that many colors. Before I order parts, can someone please tell me if a more modern helmet will fit into a dome piece? I wonder if I can fit a particular hairpiece within the dome as well.

Thanks!

I never even thought about doing something like that. That is brilliant. I may have to try it. I have lots of the old helmets and a few of the domes.

Very clever. I do not know about hairpieces though, I'll look into that.

I just tried it and the new helmets don't fit. Thanks for posting the pic, that guy had a really cool idea.

There are several versions of the space helmet.

2780.jpg

Obviously today's standard one doesn't fit, but does the thick strap version work (two in the middle)?

How about the sports helmet?

46303.jpg

Thanks!

Went through most of my minifig helmets and such, this and this both fit, but the first only barely fits, so don't count on being able to get it back out. If I find any more I'll post.